Beta code script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integers

Soon to be Developer!
Sep 22, 2012
Does anyone have a beta code script that checks to see if the beta code works then deletes it from the db and so that the user can view my site!

Much appreciated!

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
So a script that allows only certain visitors to visit your site (if they have the beta code)? Not sure I understand what you are asking.

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
That seems to me, very hard to make. But if I change your idea a little I got something that you might be interested in. It's the same as what you asked for, but instead of remvoing the code from the database, it keeps it there. But when it's used, it inserts the IPadress used, and allows the user to bypass the betapage. It's a betascript more or less. Ill look for the script on my computer and upload it if you need it.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
That seems to me, very hard to make.
Hard?? its easy lmao

Have a table in the database, username(or email) and beta code
Beta sign up they put in their username/email & beta code, beta code can be generated anyway you want (this data gets put into the table i listed above)
So then on a register page you could have username,pass,email,beta code
Then run a query to make sure that the beta code for that specified username/email is matched to the one in the database.
If it is, insert the registration into the database and delete the row in the table i have listed above = job done

At OP, im presuming you have coding knowledge?

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
Hard?? its easy lmao

Have a table in the database, username(or email) and beta code
Beta sign up they put in their username/email & beta code, beta code can be generated anyway you want (this data gets put into the table i listed above)
So then on a register page you could have username,pass,email,beta code
Then run a query to make sure that the beta code for that specified username/email is matched to the one in the database.
If it is, insert the registration into the database and delete the row in the table i have listed above = job done

At OP, im presuming you have coding knowledge?

Look..
Does anyone have a beta code script that checks to see if the beta code works then deletes it from the db and so that the user can view my site!
My english isn't the best in the world but.. From what I can understand he asked for a script that removes the betacode from the database when entered. He never said anything about putting information into the database (expect the betacode). You have a very nice system there, but from what I understood, that's not what he asked for (registration etc.).

Edit: After looking at what he requested once again.. You are right. I should read slower so I get all the information about the request in my head before starting to write.. I didn't pay much atention to the user part..

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Look..
My english isn't the best in the world but.. From what I can understand he asked for a script that removes the betacode from the database when entered. He never said anything about putting information into the database (expect the betacode). You have a very nice system there, but from what I understood, that's not what he asked for (registration etc.).
Based on his question about 'viewing his site' im presuming he has some sort of user system created to allow/deny access to his website (if you have an account you can view, if not then it redirects you to index).
There really is no other way to unless he does it cookie based.

In regards to inserting, that was merely a suggestion if he does have a user system in place

Integers

Soon to be Developer!
Sep 22, 2012
Regarding this thread, I have sorted it out. So can you please close it or delete it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread