Best way to learn how to code?

Vezel

Nov 20, 2012
Okey, so long story short.. I tried SOOO many times to learn how to code, well.. It didn't end well. Im trying to learn html and php (well, i've just tried html but i want to learn php to),i tried at w3school.com or w.e it's called, but everytime i learn something and i think like: Yea!! Let's go to the next chapter, and then i learn that.. But then i forget the last thing i learned. I've did this so many times but never succed.. I want to know a very effective way to learn how to code.. It dosn't need to be a fast way.. Just that i want to know and i got very many and good ideas for websites and my dream is to make them.. So please, any help? :)

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Set some goals for yourself, a little project you want to make. Then work your way to it. How I learned to code, is by taking an already excisting system and make it to my likings.

Everyone has other ways on how to learn code.

Vezel

Nov 20, 2012
Set some goals for yourself, a little project you want to make. Then work your way to it. How I learned to code, is by taking an already excisting system and make it to my likings.

Everyone has other ways on how to learn code.
What do you mean with: "taking an already excisting system", in my case i would copy a website and just do some changes and look at the code?

Dann

ohi
Jan 26, 2013
I've been editing/playing around with the code of cms' for months, I've picked up minor stuff from there (HTML, PHP + CSS) but I use wikibooks.org for some tutorials and use google for searching on how to do things I don't know how to do. Wikibooks doesn't give the best tutorials in the world, but it will tell you what they are used for, and in cases which you can use them ect.

Reedz

#1 Baller
Jul 9, 2012
Vezel, it's nice to see that you're interested in HTML and PHP and wanting to learn code. I only learnt how to code about 4 months ago. I was always interested in IT and wanted to do something different rather than Graphics which was what I was doing before now. I literally started off by just grabbing a random template from OS Templates, then from there adding and deleting what I want and didn't want. Obviously everyone learns HTML and PHP differently but I highly recommend you to try this way out as it's a very easy to do.

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
Print all the codes you want to remember on a piece of paper then tear them to little pieces and eat them, this will enable your brain to learn them instantly

Users who are viewing this thread