are YOU responsible?

Dean06095

Aug 1, 2012
i have been looking into servers and my friend owns a hosting company and is it true that you are responsible for what is hosted on your servers?

so if you own a hosting company and people run habbo retros on it, you are responsible for them doing that, and you can get in trouble with the US Law for it?

and if this is the case, what kind of trouble would you get yourself into, because obviously there is thousands of companys who do this, even nodecabin, cronichosts, plushosts, hepichosts.

please give me a detailed answer as i'm concerned for my friend.

Menkz

Jul 9, 2010
Not really, as the host doesn't know what the customer is going to host, weather it be a server for an official game or whatnot.

Dean06095

Aug 1, 2012
neither did kimdotcom know what people was transferring. These hosting companys are aiming at people who want to make habbo retros, its obvious. by placing an advertisement thread on this forum, people who are making habbo retros will buy from you. that is your target audience.

Menkz

Jul 9, 2010
They can earn an easy profit, and the US government think they own the world, so they took the site down..

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
SOPA, PIPA and ACTA was lawsuited but didn't get accepted. Kim Dotcom thinks SOPA was one of the things that made the FBI take megaupload down, and since SOPA, PIPA and ACTA isn't around now he believe he'll get his stuff back.

The US think they own the world as Menkz said. The raid on his mansion was also illegal. Hosts aren't responsible for what users host on their servers. There is different laws that protects innovators and companies against this. The US government shit on those rules when they approved of Megaupload being taken down..

Dean06095

Aug 1, 2012
i had a look into this from what my friend told me someone in south wales from sent down for doing something similar to what all these hosts are doing in the forums. he was sent down by the USA goverment.

Clit

Posting Freak
Feb 25, 2012
SOPA, PIPA and ACTA was lawsuited but didn't get accepted. Kim Dotcom thinks SOPA was one of the things that made the FBI take megaupload down, and since SOPA, PIPA and ACTA isn't around now he believe he'll get his stuff back.

The US think they own the world as Menkz said. The raid on his mansion was also illegal. Hosts aren't responsible for what users host on their servers. There is different laws that protects innovators and companies against this. The US government shit on those rules when they approved of Megaupload being taken down..
ot: the customer is responsible
oft: im not happy im not mad about the us's decision. megaupload is down, good?, who the fuck cares? mediafire ftw anyways.

Eronisch

Web Developer
Jan 1, 2011
The owner of a hosting company is not responsible for any content on the servers, almost every host has something like "we are not responsible for any content on our servers, the customer is responsible" in their terms.

Users who are viewing this thread