Arcturus on VMWare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michell

god x
Nov 15, 2011
Hi!

I am hosting Arcturus with Nitro on Windows using VMWare Workstation Pro. However, I cannot get the websockets working when making the server/website public. According to F12, it cannot connect to the IP + Port.

I tried:

• Opening ports 2096, 3000, 30001
  • Changing the WS port to a different port
  • Added all ports in the firewall / even disabled firewall entirely

It's working perfectly on localhost. Could this have anything to do with using VMWare? The Network Settings for the VM are on bridged.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Hi!

I am hosting Arcturus with Nitro on Windows using VMWare Workstation Pro. However, I cannot get the websockets working when making the server/website public. According to F12, it cannot connect to the IP + Port.

I tried:

It's working perfectly on localhost. Could this have anything to do with using VMWare? The Network Settings for the VM are on bridged.

Thanks in advance!
Not 100% sure here but would you need to open them on your router as well?

Verbid

Nov 18, 2023
Hi!

I tried:

Thanks in advance!

It needs to go through a secure connection when not local, change WS to WSS and give it a go, provided your SSL certificate is in your emu config, you should be golden.

Michell

god x
Nov 15, 2011
It needs to go through a secure connection when not local, change WS to WSS and give it a go, provided your SSL certificate is in your emu config, you should be golden.
Hi Verbid,

Thank you for your message. When hosting it on a IP that has been portforwarded, the SSL shouldn't be a problem, correct?

Michell

Verbid

Nov 18, 2023
Hi Verbid,

Thank you for your message. When hosting it on a IP that has been portforwarded, the SSL shouldn't be a problem, correct?

Michell
Not quite sure what your port forwarding has to do with the SSL certificate as they're completely separate services. Port forwarding is essentially allowing access through your routers firewall. An SSL certificate will still be required to access a secure connection, as required by most modern browsers except locally.

Make sure any SSL rules are disabled in Cloudflare so that the server can present the certificate directly. There are lots of free SSL certificate providers out there such as lets encrypt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread