[Apple] Mac OS X Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanMK

Still alive
May 27, 2010
About.

Apples new iPhone and iPad inspired OS that arrives in the summer of 2011.

Some features.

App store:
The app store has now come to Mac and allows you to download software you previously had to purchase from the apple store. This feature is available now on Mac OS X Snow Leopard and previous by performing a software update.

Launchpad:
An iOS inspired way of launching apps. You would recognize it if you currently own an iPad, iPhone or an iPod touch. Looks like the menus form iOS.

Mission control:
An easy way of seeing what applications are currently running on your Mac. A bit like the switch between windows option from windows vista.

Full screen apps:
The dock and menu are no longer displayed while using an app, making the space of the app full screen size.

Source's:

Click the link above for more information and screenshots.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
I think Apple is taking this the wrong way. A mac should stay a mac and an iPad should stay an iPad. they shouldn't try to port something over from something that is totally different; However that's just my opinion but I still would keep with laptops. ;)

RyanMK

Still alive
May 27, 2010
I suppose your right, the iPad design was made with multi-touch in mind.

Sway

Ruby and Python are married.
Dec 19, 2010
It's all good, in my opinion.
I would still like Snow Leopard on an iPad!

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Kieren you're taking this the wrong way, its not like you're bringing the whole iOS to the Mac, you're pretty much just getting the applications and the way to view them. I can't wait for this, I'll wait until Lion is out to buy a Mac, so then I don't have to pay for updating.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I think Apple is taking this the wrong way. A mac should stay a mac and an iPad should stay an iPad. they shouldn't try to port something over from something that is totally different; However that's just my opinion but I still would keep with laptops. ;)

I couldn't agree with you anymore. Once I saw Mac OS Lion I lost all interest that I had in buying a Mac. It reminds me of Apple's overly restrictive iOS. I want my computer to be a computer, not another iOS device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread