403.14 Error on IIS with RevCMS

mattphilie

Jun 23, 2012
These past few days have consisted of so much anger and hair pulling over this god damn retro, and I really have no where else to go for help, so I hope someone out there is willing to throw me a bone, and give me some help.

I have a Windows VPS with IIS.. I followed a tutorial on setting up a r63 Habbo Retro with RevCMS online, followed it perfectly, and after the web.config part, I went to go see the site, and saw a 403.14 error. Blah, blah.. fast forward the frustration to me uninstalling IIS and starting over. Same thing happened. I was then told to enable directory browsing. Once I did this, going to localhost, I see a list of the files in my folder. Everyone I have asked is beyond confused with what to do to fix this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Stuff to know:
I'm using RevCMS 1.9.9.9
IIS 7
PHP 5.3.13
MySQL 5.1
Navicat for MySQL

Thanks so much guys.. means so much to me!
Matt

mattphilie

Jun 23, 2012
Before enabling directory browsing:

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-26%20at%2011.52.29%20PM.png

Then, after enabling it, I see this in localhost..
Screen%20Shot%202012-06-26%20at%2011.50.57%20PM.png

Deion

Posting Freak
Jul 3, 2010
Disable dictionary browsing, then download RevCMS over, there should be a file called .htaccess, move that to your main folder, then install Helicon APE, if problems after that, feel free to reply.

mattphilie

Jun 23, 2012
Yeah, move .htaccess, It's your choice if you wanna use web.config or .htaccess, I just see a problem with people trying to use the web.config all the time.
I did exactly what you said to do, and its back to the 403.14 error.

Honestly, I feel like it is a MySQL error. The tutorial I followed confused me a bit when it came to Navicat. Are you able to go on Teamviewer at all Dominick? Or anyone? I could really use the help!

Users who are viewing this thread