Your opinion on "Anonymous"

Xenous

o shi
Nov 15, 2011
Well I have been thinking lately and I wouldn't mind knowing what people think about anonymous.
I myself dont believe they are all that great at all, after all they only seem to dDoS and if your telling me anyone who can dDoS can be anonymous, I'd laugh

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Anyone can be "Anonymous", it's not a group, but more of a movement. Sure you may have a few admins in the IRC, but at the end of the day, it's what the collective wants, and not the agenda of a few people. Anyone is free to join, and to participate in operations that they feel are worthy of doing so. The movement is meant to be a sort of "vigilante", where the people stand up for what they believe is right, and just. If that means taking a site offline, then why not? It's a form of protest, as you have a large amount of people joining together to take it offline, to show their opinion.

As for you doubting some of their hacking abilities, who took PSN offline, who defaced CBS.com a few days ago, etc? People who associated themselves with "Anonymous", to show support for the movement. However, it's not all about hacking, or trying to be hard, but rather standing up for freedoms and justice.

If your telling me anyone who can dDoS can be anonymous, I'd laugh.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Users who are viewing this thread