wired+teleporter griefing bug r63b plusemu

sim0n

Feb 16, 2013
Got a bit of a unique bug to deal with as people always find new ways to screw with others.

By placing a teleporter that is blocked by other non-walkable furniture you get stuck upon arrival. (image below)
5C_aDcAPSDG8yTSghVViaQ.png

The wired is set to teleport the user to the Yucca Palm upon entering the room, which works if you find the room via the navigator, but not if you arrive from a teleporter.

What this does it traps the user coming from the teleporter inside this room, preventing the user from using the navigator or any other means of switching rooms without restarting the client(if you go to a new room you just return to the starting screen). The only way to get around it is re-entering the room you arrived to via the navigator, which then teleports you to the yucca palm as designed, making you free to switch rooms again.

lv7eAbQdTMG9ExSzvakM6A.png
This effect looping endlessly.

Help is very much appreciated, otherwise I will have to remove teleporters or wired from the catalogue to prevent griefing.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
I'm confused by how this would prevent a user from opening the navigator? That wired only activates if they enter the room for the first time... and the teleport does not listen to wired user enter rooms? How do they get stuck?

sim0n

Feb 16, 2013
I'm confused by how this would prevent a user from opening the navigator? That wired only activates if they enter the room for the first time... and the teleport does not listen to wired user enter rooms? How do they get stuck?
User gets tricked into teleporter, the wired does not teleport the user to the yucca palm (as the wired is supposed to) although somehow activates(animation appears) anyway. You can still open all the features but when you click to go to another room, you end up at the starting screen/hotel view. When you press to go to another room you simply return to the hotel view over and over again until you re-enter the bugged room or re-start the client

Video

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread