Windows XP - Dell Latitude -Blue Screen on Start-up

Benjames

Jan 2, 2013
Heloo,

Im getting a blue screen on start-up so I cant access the laptop. Im aware this is most likely have no memory or ram.

I ve decided to reset the laptop to default for many reasons. Can someone please tell me how to do this or point me in the right direction. I need to do it from start-up and i DON'T have a disc.

Thank you

Ben

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
What do you mean blue screen? As though your computer's overheated?

I had a problem with my laptop - I shut it down whilst it was configuring updates, stupidly. I tried to access my laptop the next day and I was stuck on the same update screen, and it would continuously freeze on 35% of configuration.
Luckily my brother managed to fix the issue by re-installing Windows 7. I'm not sure how he did it as the laptop continuously froze, I was actually at school when he did it.

Although, you said you don't have a disc and I'm not sure whether it would help you with the "blue screen" problem.
If you can get your hands on a disc, or even a copy, then you should definitely try it as it worked like a charm for me, multiple times.

Benjames

Jan 2, 2013
What do you mean blue screen? As though your computer's overheated?

I had a problem with my laptop - I shut it down whilst it was configuring updates, stupidly. I tried to access my laptop the next day and I was stuck on the same update screen, and it would continuously freeze on 35% of configuration.
Luckily my brother managed to fix the issue by re-installing Windows 7. I'm not sure how he did it as the laptop continuously froze, I was actually at school when he did it.

Although, you said you don't have a disc and I'm not sure whether it would help you with the "blue screen" problem.
If you can get your hands on a disc, or even a copy, then you should definitely try it as it worked like a charm for me, multiple times.
Blue screen ''of death'' occurs when you run out of memory as far as i know. & i cant get a disc. Apparently, it's possible via boot menu..

Magicalz

Aug 4, 2011
Blue screen ''of death'' occurs when you run out of memory as far as i know. & i cant get a disc. Apparently, it's possible via boot menu..

Incorrect. I have 8GB of RAM and randomly crashes now and then with BSoD.

--

The BSoD Should show an Error code. Search that code up on google, and should point you into a direction. [Or file, if needs be]. Try and take a picture or so?

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
B.S.O.D happens for a fuckload of reasons, most commonly because of some RAM sticks are going bad in areas. BSOD gives off an error code, so turn it on, let it BSOD and take a picture with it (with a phone or something) and then we can help you further.

To explain, what you told us is that your car wont start, and expecting us to know exactly what's wrong with it without even bring it in to diagnose it. The error code will tell us exactly what's happening.

Users who are viewing this thread