Wifi Connection

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Hello,

I've had this problem with my laptop ever since the day I bought it, and I've never really been bothered to try and find out what the problem is (or take it to a computer repair shop) but it's starting to annoy me...

I have an Advent Laptop (lol) and I'm using a talktalk wireless router (lol again) but for some reason I can't connect to my router when I'm upstairs (router is downstairs). Even when I move like 5-10 meters from it my connection just drops out.
My brother has/ used to have the exact same laptop to me and his connection was fine - he was able to go any where in the house and he would stay connected.

It's nothing to do with the router or anything because my brothers and my mum can connect to it perfectly, but mine won't.
I have to sit in the living room near the router just to be able to use the internet - If I sit at the other side of the room it will disconnect.

I know there's multiple things that could be faulty but any suggestions?

DingLyDellmeister

To Ding, or to Dell.
Aug 21, 2011
Delete C:/Windows/System32/

Then it should work. Or else you may want to try re-enabling your wireless network adapter, google your problem or install a new wifi card.
Nono, you have to do pretty much the same thing as when you're getting the old youtube layout back
Only the picture needs to be a picture of some working wifi.

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Updated network card drivers etc multiple times: it didn't work.
I went up from a 4 bar connection to a 5 bar connection as soon as they finished updating though, so I thought it worked. I walked into the kitchen with my laptop to see if the problem was fixed but I soon disconnected and couldn't even find my router in the connections menu.
Hmm..
Nono, you have to do pretty much the same thing as when you're getting the old youtube layout back
Only the picture needs to be a picture of some working wifi.
Tried it - now my screen won't even turn on.

iRekan

XboxOneFTW!
Nov 8, 2011
Looks like a faulty laptop, maybe it has something wrong inside... Since your brother had a same one, maybe something happened to this one, fell in the car, bump, anything to damage the WiFi adapter.

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Looks like a faulty laptop, maybe it has something wrong inside... Since your brother had a same one, maybe something happened to this one, fell in the car, bump, anything to damage the WiFi adapter.
I thought that myself.
Any suggestions on what to do?

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Sounds like your driver hjas gone lazy. Try going to amd updating your driverss man! If this doesnt work then it sounds like hardware is starting to kill itself.

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Take it to a repair shop or look into your warranty to see if you can get a new one.
  • Might do. Can't be arsed though.
  • No warranty: won't work :l
Sounds like your driver hjas gone lazy. Try going to amd updating your driverss man! If this doesnt work then it sounds like hardware is starting to kill itself.
Updated the drivers before (multiple times), didn't work.
I've had the same problem ever since I first bought this laptop (3-4 years ago). After approx. 1-2 years I managed to break it, basically - I shut it down whilst it was configuring windows updates and ever since then it froze on something like 39% - but then I finally installed Windows 7 back onto the laptop and it fixed it.

I've tried everything.
System Restores; Re-installing Windows; Updating drivers; Contacting Advent themselves (they weren't much of a help)

iRekan

XboxOneFTW!
Nov 8, 2011
Z9djM.jpg

Anyways, just take it back to the shop, tis the only reason I buy Sonys and HPs. :D

Users who are viewing this thread