What's your strangest fear?

Cheetos

Jun 28, 2012
I used to be scared of dogs too, again, like you, I was about 8 when I developed the fear.
There's nothing to be scared of, believe me. My brother once came home with a dog and we ended up keeping him, fucking loved him, after that, I had no fear of dogs what so ever.
Don't be scared if they jump up, chase you - If you run, they'll only outrun you and become even more excited. Just stand still and let them run at you / past you, they wont hurt you, maybe bump into you a little on their way past if they're sprinting.
My dog used to pretend to "box" me, and sometimes he'd even snap for my face, but he'd never actually bite me. I'd put my hand in his mouth to see what he'd do a couple of times, and each time he'd just open his mouth as wide as possible and move away, because he knew not to bite me.
But yeah, once you overcome your fear of dogs, you'll probably love them. There's nothing to be worried about. Hope I helped :)
Yeah, you did help, Next time I see a dog i'll try not to act scared. Thanks.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Fear: Fear of Heights
Reason for Fear: I am afraid of falling.
Age when Fear developed: 5, since I started driving our L300 (Mitsubishi) van. I had a dream that we are to end up in a steep hill.
Have you ever tried to overcome your Fear/How?: Yes, on pool slides.

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Yeah, you did help, Next time I see a dog i'll try not to act scared. Thanks.
Glad to hear! :)
Fear: Fear of Heights
Reason for Fear: I am afraid of falling.
Age when Fear developed: 5, since I started driving our L300 (Mitsubishi) van. I had a dream that we are to end up in a steep hill.
Have you ever tried to overcome your Fear/How?: Yes, on pool slides.
I used to have a fear of heights, well, I still do, but it's only minor.
I went diving regularly, around twice a week, to overcome the fear. I enjoyed it and continue going for about 4 months. At the Leisure Center I would dive at, the highest board was only 5m high, but for me at the time that was quite high up. I once dived from the top board and landed perfectly, then did it again, and realized I had the capability to dive from that high.
A few weeks later I went to a swimming baths called Pondsforge, you may of heard of it, it's in Sheffield. Pondsforge is where all of the GB Olympic Divers/Swimmers train (if close to the area). Anyway, the highest board there is 10m high, double the size of the one in my local pool.
I climbed to the top, looked down and instantly shat myself (not literally). I climbed down and jumped from the 7.5m, and even that was too high.
At the end of the session I climbed to the 10m board with a friend and he was trying to encourage me to jump. So I walked to the end of the board, shitting myself, thought "Fuck it" and just jumped. You're supposed to hold your breath just before you hit the water, so you don't lack oxygen whilst under water, but because of the fear I had, I held it as soon as I jumped - Stupid of me but ah well.
I didn't have the courage to redo it, but at least I can say I did it.

I don't have much advice for overcoming a fear of heights, because let alone the fear, they are dangerous, obviously.
But maybe visit a tall building of such in the area you live - Maybe Blackpool Tower if you live in England/Close by, etc.

Hope I helped a little :)

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
The fear of going out and getting a life but don't know how to get home. That's why I stay at home.

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Fear: Getting my ass kicked
Reason for Fear: Because there are many weird people around the world who think they have a sadden right to even stab or kick someone's ass.

Age when Fear developed: Well since the age of 12/13

Have you ever tried to overcome your Fear/How?: Yes, with staying away from people i don't trust and always keep contact with friends and to stay with friends because if it happens then my friends are able to help me.
You haven't give much detail but it sounds like you live in a pretty rough area?

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Well yeah here it is getting a kind off rough people being robbed people who are stealing and shit peoples ass being kicked and that stuff and banks being blown op due people not obviously having enough cash.

Can really say that it's rough.
The area I live in is quite rough, drug use, violence etc.
Last week there was a murder which is still, sort of, being investigated.
Can't lie myself, I've just come back from a Young Offenders Youth discussion.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Glad to hear! :)
I used to have a fear of heights, well, I still do, but it's only minor.
I went diving regularly, around twice a week, to overcome the fear. I enjoyed it and continue going for about 4 months. At the Leisure Center I would dive at, the highest board was only 5m high, but for me at the time that was quite high up. I once dived from the top board and landed perfectly, then did it again, and realized I had the capability to dive from that high.
A few weeks later I went to a swimming baths called Pondsforge, you may of heard of it, it's in Sheffield. Pondsforge is where all of the GB Olympic Divers/Swimmers train (if close to the area). Anyway, the highest board there is 10m high, double the size of the one in my local pool.
I climbed to the top, looked down and instantly shat myself (not literally). I climbed down and jumped from the 7.5m, and even that was too high.
At the end of the session I climbed to the 10m board with a friend and he was trying to encourage me to jump. So I walked to the end of the board, shitting myself, thought "Fuck it" and just jumped. You're supposed to hold your breath just before you hit the water, so you don't lack oxygen whilst under water, but because of the fear I had, I held it as soon as I jumped - Stupid of me but ah well.
I didn't have the courage to redo it, but at least I can say I did it.

I don't have much advice for overcoming a fear of heights, because let alone the fear, they are dangerous, obviously.
But maybe visit a tall building of such in the area you live - Maybe Blackpool Tower if you live in England/Close by, etc.

Hope I helped a little :)
Thanks, but sadly none of those places you mentioned were actually here. I'm living in Philippines. And I'm glad I'm not alone in having these fear of heights..

I also have fear in steep slopes (going up or down that is too steep). That I'll really think our vehicle would roll over.

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
habbotarphobia
Q0PnA.gif

the fear of habbotards

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Thanks, but sadly none of those places you mentioned were actually here. I'm living in Philippines. And I'm glad I'm not alone in having these fear of heights..

I also have fear in steep slopes (going up or down that is too steep). That I'll really think our vehicle would roll over.
Well I have no idea where you could go in the Philippines to help :D

And yeah, same here.
Yesterday my mum was driving me somewhere, and it's half way up a really steep hill. So she set off driving, then the handbrake locked, and because it was really steep, we started skidding down. But luckily she managed to unlock it and control the car.
Scary moment though :p & that was just yesterday.

habbotarphobia
Q0PnA.gif

the fear of habbotards
I suggest, to get over this fear. You should approach one with a gun, see how they react.

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
To be honest, I'm also terrified of roller-coasters, always have been.
Admittedly I used to be shit scared of Roller coasters. I used to go to Blackpool a lot, and the roller coaster there, supposedly, has the biggest drop in Europe. 250ft I think it measures.
I always said I'd go on it but never had the bottle.
One year we were about to leave and my mum said "go on one last ride" so I though, fuck it, and starter queuing for the ride with my step dad and step brother.
We got in the cart, I was obviously quite scared. As soon as it set off I thought "shit."
We got to the very top of the ride, and I was breathing really deeply. (Baring in mind I'm scared of heights)
Then it dropped, we got to the bottom and my hands went up in the air, and I fucking loved it.

Ever since then I've never been scared of any rollercoasters.
// If you live in England and want to try one out, I highly suggest Air at Alton Towers, it's fucking great.

Users who are viewing this thread