Voting API Makes users re-vote

SkeetEmUp

Habpl.us
May 16, 2011
Hi

My hotel Habplus uses your API system and it works at times but at peak times it just quits and after voting makes the user re-vote and re-vote again but doesn't let them into the client.

Any help with this?

SkeetEmUp

Habpl.us
May 16, 2011
Its really annoying. I have to take the vote API off when it happens. Hopefully rasta notices and can tell us whats up.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
This happened to a user before, and if I remember correctly it happened because they were using an old version of the API. Check for the latest version of it on the userCP, if it isn't there then go to (Not sure if that site is updated).

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I have no idea why it would be happening. Please send me a PM when it happens again, or leave a comment here.

From what I can see now, it's working perfectly fine.

Only thing that I could think of as to why it would make certain users vote more than once is if their IP changes frequently, as votes are recorded by IP.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
It does it for my friend too. They click the nice doggie and it brings them back to index where the voting is. What do you do

SkeetEmUp

Habpl.us
May 16, 2011
I have the latest API working and everything. It seems to just be at high user times. Like if you have already voted in the day its fine but some users hadn't so i get heaps of facebook messages saying "ITS NOT LETTING ME IN" So I check on my dedi and sure enough. You vote click the animal then it redirects you back to vote and never lets you into the client.

I will PM you next time it happens.

Also its not the IP changing because I test on my dedi when this happens.

SkeetEmUp

Habpl.us
May 16, 2011
If youre ip keep changing then you'l be able to make youre hotelon 1# in just some weeks.

Not true whatsoever... You would have to change your IP so many times that it would take forever.

Anyway yeah anyone else having this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread