Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1?

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
So the title pretty much says it all,should I?
Also here are my PC Specs
dZLWbny.png

Shorty

<insert title>
Jul 14, 2011
As much as Windows 8.1 is so much better than Windows 8, I personally would wait for an RTM (retail) version of Windows 10.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Depends what you do on your PC in my opinion. Like @Shorty said above though, 8.1 is definitely better than 8.

I found 8 a pain in the ass with the useless additional click you had to do in order to achieve what you wanted.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
I mean it depends because the word 'upgrade' has a sketchy definition.
Usually 'upgrade' means to make better, improve, or something along those lines. In that case you'd be posed with the question, "is it really upgrading?". Not really.

No but in all honesty unless you specifically like something about windows 8 it's not really worth the trouble unless you're also willing to apply some 3rd party fixes to get rid of the bad stuff.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I upgraded all of my laptops, and computers from Windows 7 straight to Windows 8.1 Pro (64 Bit), and honestly I prefer it. The Metro theme is so much cleaner, and I prefer organizing my apps onto the start screen. As for any issues with speed possibly, I just modified my Windows settings and disabled things such as media player/ internet explorer, etc to help speed up start up and what not.
mH8jmmR.jpg

Baevus

the names ethan
Nov 4, 2012
Honestly, I'd prefer Windows 7 then to 8.1.
Only because the start menu, so if they eventually re-add the start menu like windows 7, then yeah it'd be a good "upgrade".

BubboHotel

Feb 23, 2015
Honestly, I'd prefer Windows 7 then to 8.1.
Only because the start menu, so if they eventually re-add the start menu like windows 7, then yeah it'd be a good "upgrade".
windows 7 was rubbish when they released 8 it changed everything leaveing windows 7 in the dust

Users who are viewing this thread