Show DevBest tab.moe - Share your weeb thoughts.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
rLs6S.png

As my first AngularJS project, I've decided to do something weeb. I have made a Twitter-esque website for Anime lovers to share their thoughts on an Anime they are watching on a per-episode basis.

Though it is still work-in-progress, the basic features are completed.

The project uses Laravel as a back-end API for AngularJS to send requests to. The front-end is made using the .

In conclusion, I think I did better than expected using AngularJS and Bulma for the first time in a project.

My profile:

Kimi no Na Wa. (Your Name.):

Password reset is now available as I have finally sorted out the mass emailing service.

Last edited:

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I personally don't watch Animes but wanted to admire some of what you do. I like the new post creator and how it shows animes as you type, pretty cool and useful.

Development seems slow for this, but you'll get there man

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
I must say, the process is beautiful and it has really begun to look like some social media / twitter thingy!
Keep up the good work man.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Comment feature added! By clicking on the speech bubble icon on a post, you will be redirected to the comments page.
QWhTllF.png

For example, here is a comment page about my .

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
I have moved tab.moe from OVH to the faster and more reliable DigitalOcean servers. While moving, I have also implemented a back-end feature where avatar (and future covers) uploads will be utilizing Amazon's S3 service.

SOUL

┼ ┼ ┼
Nov 10, 2015
Simplicity of it makes it easy to navigate through which is always nice , someone on a rival forum actually created something very similar a while back

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Simplicity of it makes it easy to navigate through which is always nice , someone on a rival forum actually created something very similar a while back
I don't see any similarities. The website you stated is more similar to MyAnimeList than tab.moe.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Added Markdown support for Youtube Videos. More information:

An example of how it is displayed:

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Noticed you have an error on your index with the error and success div showing even when nothing has been performed yet

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Noticed you have an error on your index with the error and success div showing even when nothing has been performed yet
I think that happens when Angular isn't fully loaded. So refreshing would do the trick.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I think that happens when Angular isn't fully loaded. So refreshing would do the trick.
Seems a bit weird that it happens, might need to look into it later on

Also for the register thing, he simply needs to add an auth attempt after registration to begin the session and register it with angular as well.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
The "events" page will take awhile to implement. It will look like a calendar and event details will be listed on specific dates.

Users will also be able to add their own events for everyone to view.

Facebook Log In have been officially integrated! More Social Networks to be followed in the upcoming updates (Twitter and Google planned).

NathanCarn3y

Leaving a legacy
Sep 14, 2016
The "events" page will take awhile to implement. It will look like a calendar and event details will be listed on specific dates.

Users will also be able to add their own events for everyone to view.

Facebook Log In have been officially integrated! More Social Networks to be followed in the upcoming updates (Twitter and Google planned).
I been into this project for a while I think it will go far.

Users who are viewing this thread