Synthe App Design

KeironParkes

Oct 19, 2013
Designing an application.
I've finished the login page.
If you guys like this and want me to continue to design for this project, please comment on this post.
XJwJ1BK.gif

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I personally think that the images beside the username/password bit are too big for it to be honest but that of course is up to you if you like it or not.

Other than that, looks splendid.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I think the profile picture image is a little too large

I dislike the fonts of the text boxes and buttons

The icons are too big in the text fields (already mentioned)

I'd add more padding to the text fields

I think the buttons should be transparent with a white border and white text tbh.

Other than that it looks alright.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I don't know if it's just me but the whole thing feels a bit "out-dated".

Maybe because of the background and the basic fonts used, not 100% sure.

Like I said yesterday, which you said you did but you haven't, is to sort the input boxes out - add more padding to them (lower the bottom border and the distance between the icon and the text) & also sort out the font used. I'd go for a new one, but if you can't find one then just make it smaller and have a bigger gap between the icon and the text itself.
Finally, the "forgot pass" text could be lowered down a bit (around 15-20px)

Other than that it's a good improvement to previous stuff you've posted. Well done.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Also don't forget this is to be used on a phone, you need to space things out well if you're going to have text/buttons cramped so close to each other because people will end up clicking the wrong things.

I once read that when the average smartphone user clicks something on a phone, around 8px are targeted, so space things out around that guideline. For example, your 'forgot password' text is very close to the buttons, and if you take @Sysode advice and reduce the font-size, it'll be even harder to target it without clicking the button above it.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Also don't forget this is to be used on a phone, you need to space things out well if you're going to have text/buttons cramped so close to each other because people will end up clicking the wrong things.

I once read that when the average smartphone user clicks something on a phone, around 8px are targeted, so space things out around that guideline. For example, your 'forgot password' text is very close to the buttons, and if you take @Sysode advice and reduce the font-size, it'll be even harder to target it without clicking the button above it.
But when it comes to using this as a design, the input field would be around 15-20px in order to be okay for mobile resolutions. Even though the text is smaller, achieving what the user wants to do (click the input) would still be easily done.

Not sure if that's what you meant, kinda skim read through it.

Shado

Oct 7, 2013
"Login to Synthe" button and "Join our Operation" button need to improved
HTML:
border-radius: 6px;
That will be nice for buttons

Feb 1, 2014
Could have gone for a more flat design.
Font is too big, make it smaller and much more tidy.
Maybe a font like 'Ubuntu', 'Myriad Pro' or 'Segoe UI' would fit in well with the login box.

Like Sysode said feels a bit outdated and needs a 2014 revamp to it.
If it's a space theme, focus on a light, flat design and gentle colours.

I have some old application designs I done if you want some ideas.
Other then that, its ok. :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread