Aug 29, 2013
Hi guys rate my first ever finished design

I know I will get a lot of hate because I am a dick head :/

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Ugly.
2 / 10
Fair enough if you're not a fan, at least give the guy some credit and say why :p

Anyways, I think that it's getting there (liking the animated scroll) but it needs some attention to get there.
Here's what I'd do:
  • ALIGN YOU ELEMENTS - nothing is in any particular order (especially in the top-bar). Create a container and make that center, that way the logo isn't reaching the edge and the text some place around the middle;
  • I like the idea of the big outstanding background, it's nice.. However, don't have the titles as part of the image (when resizing it sucks anus) create a title and just leave it as text overlaying the background, don't add some green box around it. It'd look better that way imo;
  • The content boxes.. Ask yourself, are they really needed? Well, they hold content but I think without the content box being there the text would benefit better - if you do plan on keeping them, add some padding to the box;
  • The sub-headings (about, plans) make them stand out more.. Increase the font size so they feel more like sub-headings. Maybe increase the margin-bottom as well, just so it's not as close to the text itself;
  • The footer - add some padding to this. It's squashed in there atm.
Also, I'd like to add to this, to do with your coding style.. Avoid using inline CSS, try and keep as much as you can as external. Getting in to this habit now of using external will benefit you when it comes to making larger sites. I'd also look in to indenting your code just to make it more readable when it comes to editing it.

Sorry if this seems a lot man, you're improving, that's a start. I know it's a lot to read but some of it may help you, give a try and see how you feel.

Hindi

System.out.println(" ");
Dec 30, 2012
Not the best, I'm sure you know that but It looks pretty awesome for a rookie! Love it :)

Also,
1) the background in the first image, with trees and all don't go there, try getting another image off wallbase.cc and see what goes there.
2) Try aligning "Welcome to uDesigns" and "your place for free templates in the center, somewhat like "your place for free templates" under "uDesigns" and change the font size of the sub header a.k.a "your place for free templates"
3) As @Sysode said, increase the font size for "About" and "plans" as to they need to show up clearly to a user
4) Change the footer, It looks somewhat not that professional

I'm sure your website will look awesome after you've edited it, Also nice work again for a rookie! keep it up :up:

Snappy

^^^^UpHosting^^^^
Aug 29, 2013
Not the best, I'm sure you know that but It looks pretty awesome for a rookie! Love it :)

Also,
1) the background in the first image, with trees and all don't go there, try getting another image off wallbase.cc and see what goes there.
2) Try aligning "Welcome to uDesigns" and "your place for free templates in the center, somewhat like "your place for free templates" under "uDesigns" and change the font size of the sub header a.k.a "your place for free templates"
3) As @Sysode said, increase the font size for "About" and "plans" as to they need to show up clearly to a user
4) Change the footer, It looks somewhat not that professional

I'm sure your website will look awesome after you've edited it, Also nice work again for a rookie! keep it up :up:
Thanks! Finally I got some positive feedback for a change! And thanks for the wallbase link as I have been looking for a site with nice images for ages! If anyone else has any other links to nice image sites please tell me @Sysode maybe you do?

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Thanks! Finally I got some positive feedback for a change! And thanks for the wallbase link as I have been looking for a site with nice images for ages! If anyone else has any other links to nice image sites please tell me @Sysode maybe you do?
Well at the moment your images are a over the place. Try sticking to one set genre of image. For example, you could Google: "Nature HD backgrounds" and use only images from there - ones of a similar colour will look better as it'll your design consistent and it'll flow easier.

Snappy

^^^^UpHosting^^^^
Aug 29, 2013
Well at the moment your images are a over the place. Try sticking to one set genre of image. For example, you could Google: "Nature HD backgrounds" and use only images from there - ones of a similar colour will look better as it'll your design consistent and it'll flow easier.
editing the images right now

Updated images let me know if you like it! @Sysode @Hindi .

Last edited by a moderator:

Andeh

the best cis-boy
Jun 1, 2010
For a first, this is brilliant! My first, as I recall, was total shit.

Some pointers might be
- Fonts - they have never been more important than now. I am no fan of the font used for the main content, nor the headers (Welcome to uDesigns and View our plans)
- Content boxes - I'd totally redo those. That rounded content boxes belongs in the previous decade in my opinion. I also prefer when the content boxes got a background of their own, though you would have to do more than just fill these ones with a background.
- Background - I feel the current background is too 'disturbing'

Other than that you just got to experiment with different looks until you get what you're after. Good luck!

Dono

Apr 21, 2014
I think your logo color matches the overall theme of site which is better than i can say for my first build. I think it would be cool if you had like an arrow that you click that change the beach pic to another, which explained what services you had. 7/10 overall but an 8/10 for a first try. Well done! Sorry for the bad explanation, but think you get what i mean.

Vanish

Rising Java Developer
Dec 8, 2013
Since it's your first ever finished Design, and since i kind of like your work i'll give you a 8/10 ..
EDIT; Not a real fan of the footer :p

MxRE

Sep 21, 2010
I really like it. The color scheme and images used are all quite refreshing. Perhaps it could do with a different font, but other than that it looks good.

Snappy

^^^^UpHosting^^^^
Aug 29, 2013
Thanks everyone for the feedback! The reason I have not improved on all the feed back is because I am still a rookie and learning so on some things I don't even know what to do. I will try my best to improve.

Users who are viewing this thread