Question about retro

Apr 12, 2020
Hello, I am a little interested in development and I had some pretty important questions to be able to learn a little more about the execution environment of a retro habbo;

what exactly is an emulator on habbo for?
how long does it take to create an emulator?

LouisJW

May 20, 2020
Hello, I am a little interested in development and I had some pretty important questions to be able to learn a little more about the execution environment of a retro habbo;

what exactly is an emulator on habbo for?
how long does it take to create an emulator?

The EMU is essentially what runs everything in-game, everything from "commands" to so much more it is what interacts with the client to make everything work.

How long does it create an emulator:

That would be solely dependant on your experience with the language you're wanting to create the emulator in, plus is written in C# so for example; if you were well-experienced and had a lot of time you could build the first stages of an emulator relatively quickly, Arcturus EMU is in Java but same applies it's all down to your own knowledge, you have to also understand that there's quite a bit more to know and other stuff you will absolutely have to make sure you do to create an EMU besides from just being fluent in the code for it to be stable.

Granted you do make one eventually, you're going to have a bit more time to patch bugs, work on security and push further updates to haul the emulator into something even remotely stable, it's more than possible granted that you have a lot of time to dedicate, however; if you're a beginner don't try it. I would firstly advise that you spend the majority of your time becoming more and more familiar with the language you wish to create this with.

Apr 12, 2020
Hi, thank you for these clarifications

I want to start the emulator with the C language, I still have a lot to learn about this language, but in the meantime I would still like to get my hands dirty to get an overview of what an emulator might look like in C, and for that I wanted to know if there is a way to have some bases on which I could base myself

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Hi, thank you for these clarifications

I want to start the emulator with the C language, I still have a lot to learn about this language, but in the meantime I would still like to get my hands dirty to get an overview of what an emulator might look like in C, and for that I wanted to know if there is a way to have some bases on which I could base myself
I figure is a close approximation of what a C based emulator would look like, or perhaps .

Users who are viewing this thread