Status
Not open for further replies.

J0E

200% Nigga C# ✔
Jul 27, 2013

Project%20Lumisota.gif

Roleplay%20development.gif

So... What is it?
Project Lumisota is a project started on the 13/03/15, the projects aims are to create an innovative and original Roleplay emulator and CMS, one that is not like any other, but written in beautiful formatted code, easy to set up, easy to run; whilst being packed full of features(*); meaning it will be one of the most advanced emulators and CMS' currently out there (RP Wise of-course)
Lumisota will be updated regularly, and when said has been done; revisions of the emulator and CMS(
**) will be released.

Of-course this will be given out obfuscated and closed source to begin with, but when the project is fully complete, I shall release this full source and CMS along with all features

* Features will be limited to my imagination
** CMS will be basic when released, along with complete database, database will be updated to fit new revisions

So far...
- RP Class for players implemented
EzFba0S.png

- RP information is now saved on client disconnect.
LwlHCoW.png

- Hitting coded (nothing exciting...)
2ywA2UF.png

- Transported to hospital when dead
taYqYjA.png

- Timers have been coded... 10 ticks = 60 seconds :D

lpv9QH5.png

- Allowed 'x' to be used to repeat last command :up:
oqcmy4v.png

- Leveling system complete
z6XtF6R.png

- Users can now evade the police by hiding for a set amount of time!

oRdptrk.png

- Corp classes have been coded and will shortly be followed by corp commands! :lol:
80ZdXFQ.png

- Working and corp classes 100% complete. :D
Hzlme4M.png

-
-

- Node JS
- Bot AI
- Cars
- Mobile phone UI (Special feature :cool:)
- Homeless bots (Beg users for money and start fights)
- Citizen bots (Calm temperament, walks around the city or drives)
- Reply to thread with more ideas please !

REVISION NOTES
> 28/03/15
- Commands will be coded then I will release first development revision!

Thread will be updated soon with much more information...
<3_<3<3_<3<3_<3

Last edited:

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
Im guessing this will be r63b?Good luck.

J0E

200% Nigga C# ✔
Jul 27, 2013
Azure as a base, as soon as Mango is released; will be on that like a fly on shit, thanks for support!

Last edited:

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
I'm sure I've heard Lumisota before... anyhow good luck with this project :up:

Wickd

Jan 15, 2013
Both CMS and EMU sounds optimistic, can't wait to see more.

Reactions: J0E

J0E

200% Nigga C# ✔
Jul 27, 2013
Both CMS and EMU sounds optimistic, can't wait to see more.
Cheers!
The whole project will be released when major updates are applied, sadly because heavy editing of the CMS will take place; I'm only going to supply basic CMS to suit the server and Database, however the database will be updated weekly
I'm thinking of writing up a User Guide for set-up etc.. :)

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
You can create a "basic" CMS that does advanced things btw. I've always preferred the simplest of methods to achieve some of the more advanced features, and usually my methods go faster than anything majorly advanced could have ever hoped for. So don't spend too much time implementing major things into your CMS trying to achieve a modern feature-set. Your roleplay side should be easy, don't touch up with anything to screw this project up such as a language system - they're barely used and if a hotel wants to use it they are used to translating by now, and don't use any old methods. Mysqli or PDO is the way to go, good luck my friend.

J0E

200% Nigga C# ✔
Jul 27, 2013
You can create a "basic" CMS that does advanced things btw. I've always preferred the simplest of methods to achieve some of the more advanced features, and usually my methods go faster than anything majorly advanced could have ever hoped for. So don't spend too much time implementing major things into your CMS trying to achieve a modern feature-set. Your roleplay side should be easy, don't touch up with anything to screw this project up such as a language system - they're barely used and if a hotel wants to use it they are used to translating by now, and don't use any old methods. Mysqli or PDO is the way to go, good luck my friend.

Much appreciated, thanks Chris.

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
If you are going to be on Mango 'like a fly on shit', then I suppose this has the potential to turn out nice. Good luck! :)

Wickd

Jan 15, 2013
Who knows when Mango will be released why wait?

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Not enough information to even be a valid development in my standards, Surprised to see you getting everyones hopes up and you don't even have 1 piece of code to share... this is utter bullshit, goodluck jake cooper.
And btw if you're going to use a node server for communicatng with the client/server I hope you make sure MUS is not running throughout the emulator else that would mean you're emulator is running on 3 tcp servers, and to my knowledge Node.js uses a shitload of CPU, MUS isn't needed since you're not doing shit with it and you have the server communicating with the users client. Also, Do you know how to establish node so that its 1 session per client??? Else you're better off using PHP Sockets (Highly unstable and not recommended by me)

Feb 1, 2014
Not enough information to even be a valid development in my standards, Surprised to see you getting everyones hopes up and you don't even have 1 piece of code to share... this is utter bullshit, goodluck jake cooper.
And btw if you're going to use a node server for communicatng with the client/server I hope you make sure MUS is not running throughout the emulator else that would mean you're emulator is running on 3 tcp servers, and to my knowledge Node.js uses a shitload of CPU, MUS isn't needed since you're not doing shit with it and you have the server communicating with the users client. Also, Do you know how to establish node so that its 1 session per client??? Else you're better off using PHP Sockets (Highly unstable and not recommended by me)

Hi, just here to correct you on random "facts" you just attempted to talk about.

Three TCP servers wouldn't be running on the emulator. NodeJS is a separate component.
Yes the current forum thread needs more updates just like yours does so don't be so quick to judge others.
NodeJS doesn't use a high amount of memory nor CPU usage. It's light, practical and wonderful as its best.
MUS would be a smart additional feature so you can send data to the emulator without having the risk of people attempts to intercept or force through data to Node and if they do? there's modules available just for that.

The only component required by the emulator to use Node would be a Socket instance which only is used upon sending something off.
Nothing can be received as the socket gets closed upon finishing its job and that's not its purpose anyway. For this, the Socket instance used to send data off can run Asynchronous as a task within a TaskFactory. Thus making it efficient and it can run the processes in the background.

What do you mean 1 session per Node client? Each client that goes to the page, has its own "session". You can then simply handle where it goes by comparing against the users id through a parameter or whatever minds you have.

As for the MUS, he could either directly call a socket via PHP or use AJAX. It really doesn't matter, its not "unstable" infact the terminology doesn't even come into play talking about what hes aiming for! Stop throwing random words around when you don't know what you're talking about!

Ofcourse this is only referring to the correct information regarding what he wishes to do.
If he likes he can communicate with Node back and fourth to send information.

If you want to help the community then stop telling them useless garbage that then gets embedded in the brains of newcomers.

So Yes good luck Joe with your project.
Don't listen to Moonshine as it will turn you into a bad programmer.
P.s Add more snippets!

, Deus.

J0E

200% Nigga C# ✔
Jul 27, 2013
Hi, just here to correct you on random "facts" you just attempted to talk about.

Three TCP servers wouldn't be running on the emulator. NodeJS is a separate component.
Yes the current forum thread needs more updates just like yours does so don't be so quick to judge others.
NodeJS doesn't use a high amount of memory nor CPU usage. It's light, practical and wonderful as its best.
MUS would be a smart additional feature so you can send data to the emulator without having the risk of people attempts to intercept or force through data to Node and if they do? there's modules available just for that.

The only component required by the emulator to use Node would be a Socket instance which only is used upon sending something off.
Nothing can be received as the socket gets closed upon finishing its job and that's not its purpose anyway. For this, the Socket instance used to send data off can run Asynchronous as a task within a TaskFactory. Thus making it efficient and it can run the processes in the background.

What do you mean 1 session per Node client? Each client that goes to the page, has its own "session". You can then simply handle where it goes by comparing against the users id through a parameter or whatever minds you have.

As for the MUS, he could either directly call a socket via PHP or use AJAX. It really doesn't matter, its not "unstable" infact the terminology doesn't even come into play talking about what hes aiming for! Stop throwing random words around when you don't know what you're talking about!

Ofcourse this is only referring to the correct information regarding what he wishes to do.
If he likes he can communicate with Node back and fourth to send information.

If you want to help the community then stop telling them useless garbage that then gets embedded in the brains of newcomers.

So Yes good luck Joe with your project.
Don't listen to Moonshine as it will turn you into a bad programmer.
P.s Add more snippets!

, Deus.
Thank you for so kindly correcting him, needed putting in place if I am honest.
And thanks for the support! Thread will be updated on Monday when I resume programming, and throughout the rest of the week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread