NEW DASHBOARD UPDATE TODAY

Error 501

Nov 25, 2011
NEW DASHBOARD UPDATE TODAY

Dear Xbox LIVE Members,

On Tuesday, December 6, were launching a new Xbox 360 experience that connects you with your favorite entertainment and games like never before and makes finding and enjoying entertainment as simple as it should be.

Its a vision we shared at E3 and Id like to thank you for all of your valuable feedback along this incredible ride and share a little more about what we have in store this holiday from Beacons, cloud storage and Facebook sharing, to our latest entertainment offerings.

Building upon our great lineup of partners, weve teamed up with nearly 40 of the worlds leading TV & entertainment providers to bring you an array of live and on-demand TV, movies, games, sports and music experiences. The first wave of new partners rolls out December 6 with experiences like EPIX and TODAY (MSNBC) in the US, LOVEFiLM in the UK, Sky Go in Germany, Premium Play by (MediaSet) in Italy and Telefonica Espaa Movistar Imagenio in Spain. And well continue to roll out more entertainment content to Xbox LIVE in the coming months.

Beyond entertainment, youll find a number of features designed to make your Xbox experience more personal, social and effortless. The dashboard has an entirely new look and feel and a completely reimagined interface that makes your entertainment accessible through simple voice commands. Now, using voice search with Bing on Xbox, you can find and play the programming you want across multiple entertainment providers without having to search for a remote control. In the mood for The Office? Just say Xbox, Bing, The Office, and Xbox will display all episodes available from various entertainment apps across the console.

2630.Bing-search-1_5F00_Search_5F00_300dpi_5F00_US.jpg

Were also bringing you Beacons and Facebook sharing, further integrating social into your Xbox experience. Before jumping into an episode of The Office, you can activate a Beacon to let your friends know that you want to play, say, Gears of War 3. Then, sit back and relax with the Dunder Mifflin crew. The Beacon will let you know when a LIVE friend is available for a round of Horde in Gears. After the game, use Facebook Sharing to tout your achievements and showcase your in-game accomplishments through direct posts.

While were proud of our capability to connect you remotely to the global community of more than 35 million Xbox LIVE members, sometimes theres nothing like being with your friends and family. And so weve added cloud storage so you can access game saves and your LIVE profile, including achievements, from your friends consoles as well.

8787.share_5F00_on_5F00_facebook_5F00_v2.jpg

Lastly, with the ever-expanding library of content available, we realize Xbox is enjoyed by all members of the family. Rest assured that our parental controls have improved in parallel with this new content. Parents can manage their childs console activity, sharing on social networking sites as well as regulate access to games, movies, television, and music. Additionally, the update brings enhanced navigation to Xbox 360 Family Settings to better integrate with Kinect.

We strive to continually innovate and bring meaningful experiences to each and every member of the Xbox LIVE community. Currently, our community is already enjoying 2.1 billion hours of entertainment each month. We imagine this number will only continue to grow as you discover enhanced entertainment on Xbox this holiday that is instantly searchable, easily discoverable and enjoyable in extraordinary new ways. We hope you enjoy this new chapter in the evolution of Xbox and continue to push us to write the next.

See you on LIVE,

HIT THE LIKE BUTTON

Comments below

thanks

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I think it looks very clean and modern.

Phillip DeFranco summed it up pretty good yesterday:

User3

I just want some piercings and tattoos.
May 23, 2010
I was apart of the beta for this dashboard update from the beginning it was hard to get used to the new update.
It was extremely hard for me not to break my silence on this update :p

Shorty

<insert title>
Jul 14, 2011
I was apart of the beta for this dashboard update from the beginning it was hard to get used to the new update.
It was extremely hard for me not to break my silence on this update :p
I'm also part of the preview program and also found it hard not to talk about the updates. I kind of like the dashboard design, however I don't usually use the dashboard much, hopefully these applications will make me use the dashboard more. Looking forward to the BBC/4oD/Five on Demand.

Users who are viewing this thread