after:
Dv00iZt.jpg

thoughts? mostly un certain about the color of that navi bar

Last edited:

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
Looks like something a 11 year old would make when they first learn about HTML
ok i enjoy the nut tickling but i've said this before, i'm a horrendous designer.
So, enough with how bad it looks and just give me suggestions please.
style of navi bar, fixed or static. colors, fluid or 2 collumn etc etc you know what i mean

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
ok i enjoy the nut tickling but i've said this before, i'm a horrendous designer.
So, enough with how bad it looks and just give me suggestions please.
style of navi bar, fixed or static. colors, fluid or 2 collumn etc etc you know what i mean
Make it more flat-ui style. Take a look on different websites and see how their designs are done. Also, font can make a huge difference.
Try using softer colours/different colours - The colour scheme is a massive part of design. Note that blue is the most favored colour, with green right behind. Make use of that :)
Prehaps some out unique features??

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
Make it more flat-ui style. Take a look on different websites and see how their designs are done. Also, font can make a huge difference.
Try using softer colours/different colours - The colour scheme is a massive part of design. Note that blue is the most favored colour, with green right behind. Make use of that :)
Prehaps some out unique features??
Thanks for the feedback man, i'm prolly gonna ditch the youtube background.. or maybe make it in more of a blurred canvas and have an overlay of content idk

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
Prefer the old one to the newer version
Thanks i was actualy gonna ask if anyone remembered the old one.
I think the problem is lack of content and the simplicity, this was made under 10 minutes too lol :oops:
I plan on gathering thoughts to perhaps make a decent scratch design for once in my life

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
Thanks for the feedback man, i'm prolly gonna ditch the youtube background.. or maybe make it in more of a blurred canvas and have an overlay of content idk
Save the youtube video to an mp4 or avi or w.e, and blur it. I like the youtube bg idea, It's slick.. But blurring the video would make the content more readable :)

I like the jquery on the new one too, keep that

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
If you're trying to learn to design, start off by replicating what you like on This will help you learn some of the aesthetics of design, along with teaching you to properly utilize CSS. As for your template, it's just bad. There isn't anything you could improve on it honestly. You just need to start over.

Although, I do like the concept, because it seems to give your personal touch to it, which is great, but the execution just seems to be off. Seems very 2000ish.

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
If you're trying to learn to design, start off by replicating what you like on This will help you learn some of the aesthetics of design, along with teaching you to properly utilize CSS. As for your template, it's just bad. There isn't anything you could improve on it honestly. You just need to start over.

Although, I do like the concept, because it seems to give your personal touch to it, which is great, but the execution just seems to be off. Seems very 2000ish.
I agree completely dude. I'll check out dribble, thanks for the guidence :rasta:

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010

I agree with this, I do it. Although I don't do it to learn design, I do it out of boredom and to sharpen up on coding since I don't do it as much as I used to, so I don't want to forget what I already know.

If you're interested, here's a handful of Dribbble designs I've coded, full credits to the original designer can be found in the HTML source code.

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
Thanks for the help everyone, i think i'm sailing in the right direction now, going with a blue color scheme. Added some cool element animations too
updated:

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
So many things are wrong with it, generally I think it looks like crap and the source made me cringe. Honestly, you should scrap the whole thing and start over.

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
So many things are wrong with it, generally I think it looks like crap and the source made me cringe. Honestly, you should scrap the whole thing and start over.
Yeah i just scrapped the old one but i'm gonna keep working on what i have now, maybe if i puff enough ganja creativity will spark in my cancer infected mind

Users who are viewing this thread