Show DevBest My website, rate!

D4ll32

Nov 1, 2014
Hello everyone i have done some php tutorials and i have finally reached my result.
I am calling this website PHP Testz and it's only,
Feel free to create an account and log in.
I would like to hear your opinions of the site.
It's all done with PHP and MySQL, but i am on my way to make one in OOP/PDO.
And as you can see i used bootstrap to make the website.

Features:
Displaying active members! (those who aren't banned)
User profile image!
News system!
Change password!
Profile!
See all active users! (username, email and rank)

Admin features:
Ban / Un-Ban users!
Post news!
List all users! (ID, username, email, ip, rank)
Rank / Un-Rank (This script is under list all users. When Member button is pressed it ranks a user to admin! When Admin button pressed it un-ranks a user to member!)
9s830v

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
I've never been a fan of stock bootstrap, so this may be a bit biased but:
  • Your design is not unique at all, and I wanted to immediately get off the site because of how boring it was. I forced myself to stay, for the sake of the review, and things got no better.
  • You should either add padding between the footer and the end of the content box, or take off the border radius. It looks very tacky.
  • When I click "users", it just redirects me to the home page, which I'm assuming is because I am not signed in. You should either:
  1. Remove the tab if(!session_exists($_SESSION[..])) {}
  2. Display a message using a jQuery plugin like

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
When describing the forms, not required, required, etc use a * next to the name. Also, what are passwords being encrypted in?

D4ll32

Nov 1, 2014
>

"Checks date"
January 19, 2016
HAhahahaha it's because i didn't change it since december 2015, thanks for letting me know! I will edit this.

I've never been a fan of stock bootstrap, so this may be a bit biased but:
  • Your design is not unique at all, and I wanted to immediately get off the site because of how boring it was. I forced myself to stay, for the sake of the review, and things got no better.
  • You should either add padding between the footer and the end of the content box, or take off the border radius. It looks very tacky.
  • When I click "users", it just redirects me to the home page, which I'm assuming is because I am not signed in. You should either:
  1. Remove the tab if(!session_exists($_SESSION[..])) {}
  2. Display a message using a jQuery plugin like
I know right, the design with bootstrap is not that pretty but i thought i was when i created the website, that was when i discovered bootstrap.
And thanks for noticing the user thing, it will be edited just rn.
And i won't edit any of the style because i ain't gonna use bootstrap more until i get my own design done.

Not mobile friendly :(
Correct, that will be something i will do when i get the new design done (Y) thanks for letting me know btw!

When describing the forms, not required, required, etc use a * next to the name. Also, what are passwords being encrypted in?
Thanks for the notice, it will be added and sha1 encryption!

Users who are viewing this thread