iOS6 - Coming this Autumn (Preview)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLuke

Call me Luke
Nov 13, 2011
So, today I got a little bored and decided to update to iOS6 (Beta 3). Anybody can do this, a quick google search will show you how.

Before we get started I have the iPhone 4 16GB (GSM) on Vodafone. It took me about half an hour to update to it, as I had to reset my phone first for some weird reason, and I have not found out why yet (Thank god we have iCloud)

iOS6 is much more advanced than iOS5, and Apple have done a great job with this one.

GETTING STARTED
The setup wizard for iOS is the same as before really, they have just changed the order of the setup, and you now get the WiFi wizard first. Then you get your Location Services, iCloud, TOS ect.

FACEBOOK AND TWITTER INTEGRATION
Well, twitter was already integrated but it is a little better now. I am over the moon that they have integrated Facebook to iOS, and I am sure millions of others will be too.

DO NOT DISTURB CALLBACK REMINDERS
Apple have now introduced Do Not Disturb which is a great feature which stops all incoming calls, messages and notifications while you are sleeping or even in a meeting.

They have also added a few new features when somebody calls you, you can now send a message if you are busy, or just set a callback reminder. Callback reminder is a great feature, and you can choose to be reminded when you are at a certain location, or in a certain amount of hours.

They have also changed the dialpad.

NEW WALLPAPERS (ONLY A FEW THOUGH) AND APP DOWNLOADS
Apple have added a FEW new wallpapers to there wallpapers menu. Great to see this, but I still think they should include a few more like they do in Mac OS.

Also when downloading an app, you now get a ribbon in the top corner telling you its a new download.

CHANGES TO APP STORE, AND MUSIC/IPOD
Fallen in love with the new app store, it looks so much better than before. Its a little like the play store now.

+ LOADS MORE NEW FEATURES
Yeah, there is lots more too. Apple have changed the Maps, added a feature called Photo Stream, Passbook and many many more new features. You can check more of these great features out on the Apple iOS6 page.

Overall, I would seriously recommend upgrading to iOS6. Words cannot describe some of these new features. Well done Apple.

You must be registered for see images attach

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
It is awesome, however some features were already on other phones before like my Samsung GT-E2151 which helps you remind new text messages again after 2 minutes or so.. on Nokia you can enable the function in which your phone automatically sends a message to the caller when you don't answer / unable to answer the call, thus letting the caller know without having you to type anything. You can also customize the message to be sent.

Talking about the Callback Reminder feature and Do Not Disturb.

And on Do Not Disturb, Nokia also allows you to go 'Offline' while having your SIM inserted, disabling the signal to prevent incoming calls, messages and any other data that can be received and/or sent (you can put an exception to Bluetooth if you'll use it during the offline mode). However iOS6 is better than iOS5. Thanks for the share.

PS: When uploading them, you can choose to 'Put as a Thumbnail' instead of 'Full Image' on each images or on all (as massive).

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
And on Do Not Disturb, Nokia also allows you to go 'Offline' while having your SIM inserted, disabling the signal to prevent incoming calls, messages and any other data that can be received and/or sent

iPhone already has that, its called Aeroplane mode

PS: When uploading them, you can choose to 'Put as a Thumbnail' instead of 'Full Image' on each images or on all (as massive).
He can put the images however he wants, stop being a fag

Nice share Luke, i was going to upgrade but never got round to it.
Im quite looking forward to the release of it, some of the feats are looking pretty good.
Also im liking the fact Siri will be coming to iPad 3 aswell
And i think this time around ill use the maps abit more as they weren't the greatest in other versions. + the fact it can be used as a sat-nav aswell combined with siri, looks pretty impressive

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
iPhone already has that, its called Aeroplane mode

He can put the images however he wants, stop being a fag

Nice share Luke, i was going to upgrade but never got round to it.
Im quite looking forward to the release of it, some of the feats are looking pretty good.
Also im liking the fact Siri will be coming to iPad 3 aswell
And i think this time around ill use the maps abit more as they weren't the greatest in other versions. + the fact it can be used as a sat-nav aswell combined with siri, looks pretty impressive
I'd like to say I wanted to give him a tip...

"UPDATE:
SORRY ABOUT THE MASSIVE SCREENSHOTS, I TRIED TO RE-SIZE THEM ON HERE BUT FAILED. I WILL RE-SIZE THEM ON PHOTOSHOP AND RE-UPLOAD THEM LATER." -
And I was just only pointing out what certain features iOS6 has that other phones minimally has (or is simply not noticed).​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread