[HELP] Hosting Retro On Two VPS?

OMRetros

Sep 25, 2014
Hey, so I recently purchased my second windows VPS. I want to host my retro on two different VPS. Currently I am doing it on one, however what I had in mind was having the CMS & SWFS on one vps and the emu and db on other. So my question is that is it even possible? Am I suppose to have Navicat downloaded on both VPS? Is there a way to connect the emu or cms without having Navicat installed on one of the VPS? I would appreciate some help and suggestions. Thank You!

GamerX

You Never Walk Alone
Aug 24, 2016
Hey, so I recently purchased my second windows VPS. I want to host my retro on two different VPS. Currently I am doing it on one, however what I had in mind was having the CMS & SWFS on one vps and the emu and db on other. So my question is that is it even possible? Am I suppose to have Navicat downloaded on both VPS? Is there a way to connect the emu or cms without having Navicat installed on one of the VPS? I would appreciate some help and suggestions. Thank You!
Why would you host on two vps tho?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Core

Nov 10, 2016

You could host the website and MySQL server on one and then the emulator on another. It's not hard just allow remote connections on MySQL and then use the server IP on the emulator which has MySQL instead of the local ip or localhost/127.0.0.1. However, the better option would be to have the Emulator & MySQL server on the same VPS and the web server on another. Reason for this the emulator will be a lot more demanding on mysql than the website ever would.

However, you should just scrap the whole two vps' and go for a more affordable option and get a ssd based web hosting with tier-1 bandwidth and use one vps for the emulator. This will likely be much more beneficial for you.

Users who are viewing this thread