Show DevBest Harith.pw - Coming Soon (Opinions)

Mega

Posting Freak
Mar 23, 2013
===========
THREAD UPDATED
===========
Hey devbest,
Today I like to show you one of my coded design made my css and some images. Well, its just a splash page. Yeah, yeah i know, its just bunch of rounded squares.

Give me some thoughts and opinions, how can I improve my work.

qljfv67w

====
Credits proudly to
  • @Mega (Harith) - Coding & Design [79%]
  • @Sysode - For the countdown script. [20%]
  • Google - For the background image. [1%]

Last edited:

Heisenberg

i am the danger
Oct 5, 2013
A way to improve would be to change the text to something more rounded maybe? Just so it jump out at you so much. Looks good to me so far though.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
Try Lato.

If i were you i'd do the following,
  • Change the background image and content boxes.
  • Correctly center the numbers and text on the counter, they seem to be off centered.
  • Increase the gap between "</>" and "My Website in the header."
  • Either remove that contact box all together or put some more effort into it, make it into a list, add some icons, whatever, it just looks plain as is.

Mega

Posting Freak
Mar 23, 2013
Try Lato.

If i were you i'd do the following,
  • Change the background image and content boxes.
  • Correctly center the numbers and text on the counter, they seem to be off centered.
  • Increase the gap between "</>" and "My Website in the header."
  • Either remove that contact box all together or put some more effort into it, make it into a list, add some icons, whatever, it just looks plain as is.
Yeah I noticed that, thanks for the suggestions. Much appreciate it. I will try my best to add more effort on the contact box.

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
Wouldn't say the code image needed borders, just change the background image into something dark, search 'dark' on subtlepatterns.com

Nehalem

Aug 31, 2013
Love it, even though it looks really simple - but you should decrease the border-radius, 8/10.
Good luck! :up:

Stalin

Some people are cunts, oh well.
Aug 17, 2013
I just checked it out, and it's looking good but you should change the font of the text. It is really unappealing... just a suggestion.

Mega

Posting Freak
Mar 23, 2013
I just checked it out, and it's looking good but you should change the font of the text. It is really unappealing... just a suggestion.
I just relised. Because in my laptop it shows lato font.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Urmm okay, better? - Changed the background to a darker color and added a 1px white border to the countdown box.
v61p0lx2
That looks more professional and less childish than the previous one. However, why are you creating 2 separate boxes for the social stuff? It's all about one topic so keep it in one box (maybe add a header). I'd also center align the logo, at the moment it looks a little to the right at the moment.

Also, what's your obsession with adding code snippets? If you're going to do it at least make sure it's valid (<!doctype> should be caps) :p

Users who are viewing this thread