Retro Habbo Retros taking over Habbo.COM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
This is not me telling you about retros buying out Habbo.com, but the amount of players. Last night, peak time, Habbo had 3245 online. If you looked 3 or so years ago, they'd be on 10,000 easily.

Do you think retros are losing Habbo's players as Habbo is pricing to high?

Thoughts?

Reactions: Owl

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
I completely agree, 3/4 years ago when i very first got into habbo retros, habbo was peaking a minimum of 4-6k off-peak and pushing from 10k+ at peak times.

Yeh there prices are expensive but its a company and they need money.
However with retros been out there and pretty much been 100% exact in features people are going to take the free/cheaper option.
All the retros out there, its easy money if they get the users.

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
I completely agree, 3/4 years ago when i very first got into habbo retros, habbo was peaking a minimum of 4-6k off-peak and pushing from 10k+ at peak times.

Yeh there prices are expensive but its a company and they need money.
However with retros been out there and pretty much been 100% exact in features people are going to take the free/cheaper option.
All the retros out there, its easy money if they get the users.
Even if they knocked down the prices by a couple of quid (UK users), I might have stayed in Habbo. Habbo lost a few users I know from when no chat feature was enabled in the hotel, but even when it came back up, only had a couple of thousand online.

Also, is a prime example. They were the first one to hit 25,000 online, now they have 2000 online..
74ed532e26564dd691fb981.png

Do you reckon Habbo could be gone in a few years to come?

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Even if they knocked down the prices by a couple of quid (UK users), I might have stayed in Habbo. Habbo lost a few users I know from when no chat feature was enabled in the hotel, but even when it came back up, only had a couple of thousand online.

Also, is a prime example. They were the first one to hit 25,000 online, now they have 2000 online..
74ed532e26564dd691fb981.png

Do you reckon Habbo could be gone in a few years to come?
If they are really going broke, they will take all retro's down with them (at least the big ones) with a lot of lawsuites, a final resort.

DcSelby

DcSelby is the boss.
Jul 19, 2012
I don't get it. They copyrighted there content, they're losing money and users yet they don't seem to be doing that much about it?

It's really odd.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Maybe in the future they will close down all Habbo hotels, and open only one hotel managed by Sulake, and they will start supporting Private Server Development just like Minecraft now.

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
Maybe in the future they will close down all Habbo hotels, and open only one hotel managed by Sulake, and they will start supporting Private Server Development just like Minecraft now.
I hope this does happen. But as Kaz said, Sulake need money and with only one hotel going is not enough for Sulake as a whole.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I hope this does happen. But as Kaz said, Sulake need money and with only one hotel going is not enough for Sulake as a whole.
They will probably come up with something to still make money. Something like a license to make it legal. Because they don't need to pay a lot of staff anymore, the costs will go down to if they do this.

MubarikHZH

Join The Revolution
Mar 11, 2012
Habbo might be losing players but so are Habbo Retros in that manner , I remember some retros peaking higher than 1500 maybe even getting to 2000 so it's not just habbo losing its user but on brighter note hope that Habbo Hotel manages to get back on its feet.

DcSelby

DcSelby is the boss.
Jul 19, 2012
Habbo might be losing players but so are Habbo Retros in that manner , I remember some retros peaking higher than 1500 maybe even getting to 2000 so it's not just habbo losing its user but on brighter note hope that Habbo Hotel manages to get back on its feet.

You're wrong. I've seen 2 hotels hit 2k plus.

- HabPlus
- Zap

And HabPlus was Christmas time 2012 and Zap was I don't know, sometime in 2012. So it's hardly losing users considering these massive peaks.

It was a massive milestone to see a retro hit 2k, so you're wrong in saying retro's are on there way down also.

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Yes, Habbo is losing members to Retros. There are mainly two reasons for this one being yes the pricing and another one being some of the updates they make. For example.... Taking away events and adding room promotion, taking away the old groups and forums, these sort of things are losing them members. I think if retros continue as they are doing now Habbo will most likely die out. If Habbo does take retros down with it it would suck as a whole community would be destroyed.

DcSelby

DcSelby is the boss.
Jul 19, 2012
Yes, Habbo is losing members to Retros. There are mainly two reasons for this one being yes the pricing and another one being some of the updates they make. For example.... Taking away events and adding room promotion, taking away the old groups and forums, these sort of things are losing them members. I think if retros continue as they are doing now Habbo will most likely die out. If Habbo does take retros down with it it would suck as a whole community would be destroyed.

If Habbo was at risk of going down - they'd take retro's first to try and regain their community.

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
Also, an added note to this, Habplus have on now: 3,453 online. Habbo only have 4,300.. Saying something, aye?

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Since the merge the hotel with the most users was habbo.com.br but since December 2012, even that hotel has been going down!

n9robmd.png

Lirinya

Jan 26, 2013
Retros are certainly a lot more popular now in comparison to when I was younger. Then again, I never knew they existed so I could be exaggerating.

I went onto the 'legit' Habbo.com to have a look at prices and what not and, it makes me wonder how I managed to spend so much on it at the time of being 12 years old...

I find that still, Retros are probably only good for building now, that being said, I'm not really into the idea of talking to randoms anymore. That's the main reason we set up our own retro - for building mainly. But having that freedom, without having to spend a tonne of cash. If anything I see Habbo as a building/roleplay kind of platform now rather than the social networking it was intended for. It is quite possible Retros are 'stealing' their community, but it's also possible they've been drawn to other games that weren't around several years ago. If they felt them as a threat, surely they would take them down.

I moved from Habbo to games such as WoW, maybe their community is dieing because the current generation isn't that interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread