👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
No. Fucking. Google. ReCaptcha.
We are referring to this:
Q3Ts62j.jpg

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
It'll be nice to put some more spacing between the slots so it's easier to differentiate which banner belongs to whom. Also there seems to be a minecraft server in findretros...hmm

https://forcehotel.org
Oct 9, 2011
Don't know if this has already been suggested but what about a keyword system for descriptions and hotel names etc.. if someone uploads an inappropriate description and banner for example, it will trigger an automatic system that sends that page into an approval mode for moderators to look over and take action if needed?

Don't know if that makes sense but the general idea is there

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I've made a few tweaks tonight, and updated the beta site with data from the production site.

Let me know if you run into any issues. Ideally I'd like to make the switch sometime this weekend. The biggest short term pain point will be banners, since they are a bit smaller now (468x60), so make sure you have one ready to go. Hopefully I'll tackle things like redirects tomorrow.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Question, how does the voting counting work?

Habboon has the following on BETA:
6790, 9652, 9238 and 7997.

But on the current site we have:
3485, 4064, 3970, 2810 (might have those the wrong way, not sure too early to check dates).

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013

3485, 4064, 3970, 2810 (might have those the wrong way, not sure too early to check dates).
The data doesn't appear to be pulling from the main site when it comes to beta.findretros.com votes
For instance:
(1 vote)
(0 vote)

My theory about your votes is that it's probably used as a randomized number for each day to show statistics.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
The data doesn't appear to be pulling from the main site when it comes to beta.findretros.com votes
For instance:
(1 vote)
(0 vote)

My theory about your votes is that it's probably used as a randomized number for each day to show statistics.
Josh merged the production data to the beta server, so your theory is false mayn.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010

Good catch, will investigate.

Please no recaptcha. Use your custom but don't use recaptcha.
That won't happen, otherwise the entire voting process is completely compromised. However, I do plan on implementing when I get the time.

Liam

discord.gg/hivehub
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
When you click a banner it links to the hotels page rather than the hotel, can that be changed?

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Still an annoyance though if I'm honest.. most people are going to click the giant banner and not the hyperlink underneath
Visiting the page might give some more insight into the hotel. I do get what you mean, though. However as it won't just be FindRetros anymore, but rather ServersGG, not every kind of game has an homepage.

Oct 9, 2011
Visiting the page might give some more insight into the hotel. I do get what you mean, though. However as it won't just be FindRetros anymore, but rather ServersGG, not every kind of game has an homepage.
Cant you just go the way of Findretros and include a description underneath the banner? People click and go on Findretros.. if you want more insight into the hotel.. wouldn't you just visit it? you'd spend the same amount of time registering and clicking a few pages as you would reading a paragraph about the site.

CosmoPeak

PeakRP.com
May 15, 2016
Cant you just go the way of Findretros and include a description underneath the banner? People click and go on Findretros.. if you want more insight into the hotel.. wouldn't you just visit it? you'd spend the same amount of time registering and clicking a few pages as you would reading a paragraph about the site.
Agreed, I think the new site is just copying Minecraft for the sake of copying Minecraft (don't hurt me). I guess he's trying to get into the (saturated) MC server list market. I think the Habbo version of the site should have old banner sizes and link directly to the site. It's what we're used to and it makes sense for Habbo-style games. Not as keen on the new style either, but it's probably too late for that to be changed. v0v

Oct 9, 2011
Agreed, I think the new site is just copying Minecraft for the sake of copying Minecraft (don't hurt me). I guess he's trying to get into the (saturated) MC server list market. I think the Habbo version of the site should have old banner sizes and link directly to the site. It's what we're used to and it makes sense for Habbo-style games. Not as keen on the new style either, but it's probably too late for that to be changed. v0v
He shouldn't hurt you.. a massive part of being a web developer is being able to take constructive criticism and improve from it.

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
I like it but you're going for a way minecraft feel to it and honestly I'm not proud of it. Especially for people like me and others that make banners, its now twice as hard to fit in content to advertise someones hotel. The size is way to small in my opinion. Maybe making it bigger would be better. The site overall looks nice looking but I'm just not that happy with the size that you're making the banners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread