[FEEDBACK] Signature + Logo

Kontrol

Graphics Artist - Kontrol!
Feb 23, 2014
Hey people of DevBest,

today I have made a Signature and Logo for myself and want to see what you guys think about it!
Please leave constructive feedback of the work, thanks!

Signature:
eEDH6W1.png

Logo:
pdjaJef.png

Last edited:

Dicks

Feb 9, 2014
You might want to use a larger PPI, since the font's edges seem pixely. Also, I'd remove the "Keeping it Simple" and the logo, and put "Graphics Artist" closer to "Kontrol". I'd remove the logo because you could use it later as a DP.

The colors aren't very good either, I'd use a deeper red.

Kontrol

Feb 23, 2014
Looks like some stuff that came with the windows 2000 series.

If you're talking about the logo I just got it off from google images. (the circle), then added the K in. I'm editing the signature right now with the feedback I got from @

Fetron

I like to do giveaways :3
Mar 24, 2014
My opinion, they're all bad, no offence. To start with, the signatures are just a font, bevelled at I would say 10%, with a shadow or maybe a darker duplicate layer of the first text layer.

Kontrol

Feb 23, 2014
My opinion, they're all bad, no offence. To start with, the signatures are just a font, bevelled at I would say 10%, with a shadow or maybe a darker duplicate layer of the first text layer.

Thank you! I am not that great with signatures, as I believe this is my first one, but I really didn't want to put any image like structure in there because it may ruin the signature, but meh.

Dicks

Feb 9, 2014
More like this?

0avqkF1.png
That looks better, not my taste though.

What I would do is make "Graphics Artist" smaller, then align it to just below the the bottom-right of "Kontrol".

Example (sharpness is varied since I resized both, was too lazy to resharpen)
9ukbTDx.png

I'd also make "Graphics Artist" a different font, but keep it in the same style of font that "Kontrol" has.

Kontrol

Feb 23, 2014
What do you think about this?:
8OJMT2m.png

EDIT: Might remove the shadow on "Graphics Artist"

Kontrol

Feb 23, 2014
I don't really like the font period...

Here's something that I made for a friend a few days ago, maybe it can give you some inspiration.
BqYQqvE.png

Well, thanks for the feedback! I'm going to leave it at where it is.

Fetron

Mar 24, 2014
It causes cracks ranging in sizes along the text and just looks like a re-scale.

Kontrol

Feb 23, 2014
What sharpen? All I did was add a drop shadow and an inner shadow, the rest is the regular text and color.

Fetron

Mar 24, 2014
Looks like you sharpen the text. Either that, or the font isn't set to scale well to higher sizes.

Kontrol

Feb 23, 2014
Terrible. The (if it is) drop shadow is way off and the whole K doesn't fit well with the logo background. Sorry.

It's alright, thanks for the feedback! Like I said, this is my first "signature" and my first "logo", which I truly suck with both of them :up:

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
It's alright, thanks for the feedback! Like I said, this is my first "signature" and my first "logo", which I truly suck with both of them :up:

No hard feelings. When people make signatures for the first time, text and playing around with layer options are what they do first, including myself. Do a big canvas and make multiple texts and play around with various options. You'll eventually find a good style you like.. just make sure not to overdo any effects.

Also, I edited my post above.

Users who are viewing this thread