Show DevBest [Feedback, please] What should I change?

Qodex

Feb 9, 2012
Hello all,
Recently I have downloaded Bootstrap and begun working to create a website. Before I went any further, I wanted your opinions (and help) on what to do with my half-home page.

HTML:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>

<head>

<title>CodeWorld - Home</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="//maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.3.0/css/font-awesome.min.css">
<link href="css/bootstrap.css" rel="stylesheet">
<link href="css/bootstrap-theme.css" rel="stylesheet">
<link href="css/bootstrap-theme.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
<link href="css/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
<link href="css/style.css" rel="stylesheet">

</head>
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="js/bootstrap.js"></script>
<script src="js/bootstrap.min.js"></script>
<script src="js/npm.js"></script>

<body>
<div class="navbar navbar-default navbar-fixed-top">
  <div class="container">
    <div class="navbar-header">
      <button type="button" class="navbar-toggle" data-toggle="collapse" data-target=".navbar-collapse">
        <span class="icon-bar"></span>
      </button>
      <a href="index.html" class="navbar-brand">CodeWorld</a>

</div>
<div class="navbar-collapse collapse">

<ul class="nav navbar-nav">

<li><a href="index.html">Home</li></a>
  <li><a href="about/html">About</li></a>
  <li><a href="tutorial.html">Tutorials</a></li>
  <li><a href="contact.html">Contact</a></li>
  </ul>

</div>
  </div>
</div>

</body>

<!-- This next section will be 4 col-md-3 about why you should code -->

<header>

<h1>Why code?</h1>
<div class="container">
  <div class="row">
    <div class="col-md-4">
      <h2>Money</h2>
      <p>How did Mark Zuckerburg get his money? From Facebook, right? Yes, and Facebook was created because he knew how to code. If you can create the next big thing, you could be earning serious money!</p>
    </div>

<div class="col-md-4">
      <h2>Fun</h2>
      <p>Coding is boring if you make it boring! Making websites and even games shouldn't feel like a hassel, and it doesn't! Make the computer do things you tell it to is quite inspiring!</p>
    </div>

<div class="col-md-4">
      <h2>Efficiency</h2>
      <p>Learning some of the more advance stuff could make your life easier. You can code programs that automatically do things when you load up your PC. Brilliant, right?</p>
    </div>
  </div>
</div>

</header>

</html>

7dv7j7

That's an image of the site. (Not showing it in Create thread, so here is link: )
Also: There was going to be a carousel with images of code, a short des + h2 and a button to the about page, however I couldn't get that to work.
And don't suggest a dropdown, because I had that working, deleted the carousel and it isn't working. (No code of the nav has been deleted).
Please leave suggestions on background colour, what else I should put on there, and the glyphicos I should use for why code? section.

Qodex

Feb 9, 2012
lol sorry i had to start over nothing was working even though everything was right.

Although I do plan to get to a similar stage. My plans were to make a website teaching people how to code, so that I could remember. It wouldn't of been released.

I wanted ideas on bg color. I was gonna use jumbotro but they grey looked rubbish.

Users who are viewing this thread