Feedback on my designs?

Mega

Posting Freak
Mar 23, 2013
Hello devbest,
Feedbacks on the designs I created lately. Rate /10. Both are them are for web hosting.

Image (.png)
1)
hmj34828

2)
pnr1g91g

In Photoshop (1)
sbh53y2a

j0az3jme
The (2) in Photoshop Screenshots can be seen .

Regards,
Mega (Harith)

Derp4u

Aug 29, 2013
Hi,
The first one , quiet good though, with the red, black and white texture/text/content giving the host looks POP-UP! ( 8/10 ) # I'm kinda agree with @Magic , about the Plan name you could name it better or sound like people wanna buy it.

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
From the top:

Typography wise, never go with Verdana nor Tahoma. They don't look good, and they are not good enough for people to read. Stick with a typography for headlines and paragraphs + other content.

I recommend you to use a sans-serif for header and serif for paragraphs. However, since this is a digital media a sans-serif font for paragraphs could be good too, just make sure it's large enough (18px e.g.)

The red color is good, but a little too harsh. Stick with a softer and little ligher red. The blue is too childish. Keep with a color, that you wan't this to stick with through the identity of what ever company.

The menu is quite good. A little hint would be to use uppercase letters and maybe bold text. However, the dropdown seem to be too small or compact. Try not to encapsulate items which have only text, that gives a false feeling of 'hidden' content. Stick with the margin/padding between text, and do not center the text for readabilty - remember we read left to right, that is where our eyes expect to look (same goes for your slider content).

At the plans, i'd do some more fine tuning with the price tag, make it appear more clearly - this is what people look for. And also it's not a feature. Again don't encapsulate your content with only one line of text but you can make seperators between each feature - and maybe add icons.

For your footer; try to play more with it. It seems too compact and it's not easy to see whats what. For your background color, you could make it more light, for the ease of the eye - gray is a sad color :(

Keep on doing what you do, you will eventually learn much more about design and typography! That's how I did :)

Users who are viewing this thread