Feedback on my design?

Mee

May 4, 2012
Ok so after 4 or so months doing Photoshop at school we're finally moving onto web design and here's something and so I decided to base my design on docunent since there was nothing else better to do it on. This is my first design that I've attempted at on Photoshop by myself so here's what I've come up with at school and at home:

Original

screenshot_at_jul_29_18-02-26-1375077792.png

Update 1

docunent-1375220602.png

screenshot_at_jul_31_15-25-25-1375241202.png

Won't be looking at coding this design as I am still learning to code designs. Am looking for constructive feedback and criticism and tips/ways to improve.

Some photos from Google and edited on PS.

Ept

Many men wish death upon me.
Jun 16, 2011
It looks nice, especially for your first web design in Photoshop. Pink or purple don't go so well with that background. If you are impressed with it, and want to code it with minimal knowledge (as you said you're still learning) of CSS, I'd recommend using CSS Hat.

Mee

May 4, 2012
It looks nice, especially for your first web design in Photoshop. Purple doesn't go so well with that background. If you are impressed with it, and want to code it with minimal knowledge of CSS, I'd recommend using CSS Hat.

Haha thought the pink didn't look nice there :p Will look into coding web designs later. Stupid ICT classes at school only teaches HTML and easy shit.

SkeetEmUp

Habpl.us
May 16, 2011
"Every shot deserves its moment" text isn't needed. Fonts for "Why use docunent" is horrible for the site. Looks more like a wedding website with that font. Box in bottom right throws off the balance of the layout.

I would suggest a removing the "Every shot..." text out of the top and changing below upload to include a few pointers with some fancy icons an change the font.

Other than that nice.

Mee

May 4, 2012
"Every shot deserves its moment" text isn't needed. Fonts for "Why use docunent" is horrible for the site. Looks more like a wedding website with that font. Box in bottom right throws off the balance of the layout.

I would suggest a removing the "Every shot..." text out of the top and changing below upload to include a few pointers with some fancy icons an change the font.

Other than that nice.

lol i like that slogan though ;l

Maybe for the bottom bit I should make the whole area like the right side?

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
I like it apart from that it doesn't really look like a image hosting website like the others said.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I'm not a massive fan of this to be totally honest. I like the top section (above the upload button) as it looks clean and modern, however, the rest seems to be a rush job.

The typography for the content doesn't go very well together. However, this is decent for your first attempt. Just take your feedback into account for next time you create a design :)

Mee

May 4, 2012
I've taken all your feedback into consideration, here's my newest version of the design:

docunent-1375220602.png

Will fix up the "Every shot" bit at a later time.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
It looks alright.. I'd suggest giving the active link in the nav bar something to differentiate it from the others, like an underline.

I believe the upload button should be your main content, since that is what the user cares about... Maybe make it bigger but I'm not a fan of where it's located.

Bleep

PHP - HTML - CSS - JAVA ✔
Oct 19, 2012
In the first one, it's great at the top and then it goes down past the upload button. It's a bit blank and the text is barely readable. The second one looks great.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Your second draft looks better. And I agree with Michael, the every shot text doesn't look right.

I think the blue on the 'docunent' logo is a little dark placed over that darkish header so I'd change that.

And like Kryptos said, do something with the navigation such as give it a different colour or put an arrow underneath or even change the 'top' position of it so it's slightly pushed up than the rest.

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
Wow awesome second draft, i think you should move the upload button right under "upload and share your photos with ease and confidence" and also make the upload text stand out more, when i visist the website thats what i want to hit my eyes first.

Mee

May 4, 2012
Ok guys so now that I'm home, here's my updated second draft, I was thinking that maybe the upload button should be gone and maybe the whole banner where it says "docunent" and has all the different images should be a drag and drop uploader? And when you click the banner bit, it pops up with your file directory:

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
Ok guys so now that I'm home, here's my updated second draft, I was thinking that maybe the upload button should be gone and maybe the whole banner where it says "docunent" and has all the different images should be a drag and drop uploader? And when you click the banner bit, it pops up with your file directory:

so its drag and drop AND file directory? If so thats sweet also, make sure its clear that the users know where to drag and drop.

Mee

May 4, 2012
so its drag and drop AND file directory? If so thats sweet also, make sure its clear that the users know where to drag and drop.

No, at the moment on docunent.com , you have to click the upload button and it'll bring up you're computers file directory to select an file.

If I do ever code this design in the future, I may make the whole banner area a drag and drop uploader AND it will include the current click feature like on docunent right now.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
No, at the moment on docunent.com , you have to click the upload button and it'll bring up you're computers file directory to select an file.

If I do ever code this design in the future, I may make the whole banner area a drag and drop uploader AND it will include the current click feature like on docunent right now.

Now you're thinking! I'm actually doing the same in a concept of mine ;)

Add a text that says Drag and Drop though.

Users who are viewing this thread