[Development] Dog Multiplayer Online Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nixonn

Sep 2, 2011
It's funny how people come up with some random games and just create it, but good luck for this... It may become like habbo ;P

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Nice to finally see a video preview, other than pictures here and their in the sb.
Its looking quite good, the dog thing is random but its something unique.

I know you have built this off a base, but from screenshots you have showed me, it looks pretty cool.

Im just curious though, what platform is required to play it? is it a browser based client? or is it downloadable?

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
This is quite interesting. It's good to see somebody is actually developing something original. Like Kaz said, will it be browser based or downloadable? Also, will it be opensource or closed? And where is it being developed in?

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
Looks like something that would be fun for maybe an hour then get boring, but good luck.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Everyone has their own opinions, mabe overtime it could turn into something better (eg, gameplay, graphics etc...)
But who knows, you can not predetermine that until the game is online.

One thing you will need to do, is keep control on rare items/premium content, as yeh you may give them to friends etc...
But its just like a retro, too much released early on will kill that part of the game (if it exists)

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Needs some graphic updates because it reminds me of a bunch of ran down toys (idk why). Seems kind of nice actually lulz

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Seams a decent development even though not from scratch, has a lot of potential in my eyes keep up the good work

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Yeah, I hope we can make it something good.
We will keep control on the rare hats, we do not want to give too much out.

Graphic updates?
I don't see this needed, It's nice graphics now?
Did not copy it from a toy or something lol.

Thanks for nice feedback Donkey! :D

I hope we can get like 20 players, then I'll be happy I guess lol.

And here is Test 2 of DP.
That video is kinda roleplay, I am playing on Firefox and Chrome lol.
Showing features: Kiss, Trade, Mate, Dig, Create new dog, Friends, kill the dog if your not happy.

Private Video

Find

Posting Freak
Jun 21, 2012
To get bones (Bones is what you can buy hats for, to wear hats) you need to dig.​
To buy hats, you can ask other members to trade with you, or you can buy hats from shops.​
There will be hats that's worth like 100k bones, and there will be sometimes rare hats in shops, and sometime we give rare hats in contest.​

It looks good but if I was you I'd have more to use the currency for than just hats, it might get a tad boring, maybe you could expand to buying like, hair dye, collars and stuff like that? just my opinion :)

Find

Posting Freak
Jun 21, 2012
Hair?
That's like a hat, everything that the dog wears, is a hat kinda. It's filled with hats/items/stuff to have on the dog, and we will also take in user hats, the hats users makes in paint, photoshop, whatever that seems good.
Then we can put it in the shop
oh so by hats you don't only mean actual hats? wasn't very clear :)

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Hair?
That's like a hat, everything that the dog wears, is a hat kinda. It's filled with hats/items/stuff to have on the dog, and we will also take in user hats, the hats users makes in paint, photoshop, whatever that seems good.
Then we can put it in the shop
Hats seems like a very strange name....Why not make it like fur lulz dogs wear fur

Find

Posting Freak
Jun 21, 2012
No, by hats = Everything that you can take on in game xD

I made coffee yesterday, you can buy it from the coffee machine.
You can "drink" it and get 4 points :D
With points you can buy things like "poo, mate, pee" etc :)
So hats is like items.
If I was your in future i'd make it more clear that it's not only literally hats, as it sounds a lot more inviting and fun to play when people know theres more to do than put on a flat peak and have #d0ggy5w4g

Find

Posting Freak
Jun 21, 2012
Well, I have no idea what I should call it.
I can say items, or something? I don't know what the name should be. In Norwegian it's "Hatter"
Oooooh you're not English that's more understandable, you could always just call it accessories?

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
This takes pixelsex to a whole new level! You can now mate with another dog, online. I hope there will be a age restriction? Because of the dog fucking & killing.

Find

Posting Freak
Jun 21, 2012
could you implement a feature for the dogs to buy a human to fuck? heard some devbesters are into that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread