Feedback DevBest me page layout (not coded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adem

Aug 8, 2012
Hi guys, I was bored so I was like why not make a layout on DevBest, I renamed it Dev Hotel so here it is.
You can code it if you like it. I'm not sure if anyone else made one so credits to whoever made on already. But here is my one:
14m8cv8.jpg

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Looks like all you did is use Inspect Element or moved stuff around in MS Paint, lol.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I see what you're trying to do. Although, in my honest opinion, I think it'd terrible fot a retro layout as it still looks like a forum. Nice try though, it may catch on. Who knows?

GohanSSJ

Ya.
Feb 18, 2013
It's terrible. It doesn't even really make sense to take the code. And remove some parts.

This is a waste of actual time.

GohanSSJ

Ya.
Feb 18, 2013
At least he's contributing to the community.

True thing. If i had some inspiration. (Which i don't have) would i also contribute towards the community.

But this is utterly stupid. The whole page of this not even going to be Habbo based only some boxes with some coins icons and what not. Like Rasta said,

Anyway good attempt.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
True thing. If i had some inspiration. (Which i don't have) would i also contribute towards the community.

But this is utterly stupid. The whole page of this not even going to be Habbo based only some boxes with some coins icons and what not. Like Rasta said,

Anyway good attempt.

Understandable and im not really a fan of it myself but unless you've got something you can base your arguments off, don't say it was a waste of time, give him constructive criticism so he can improve for later developments and still credit him for attempting in the first place.

GohanSSJ

Ya.
Feb 18, 2013
Queef.

You clearly have reading problems along with what you're claiming that I'm criticizing because he's ripping off pages and changing them via Element inspect (As said by Josh)

Not even going to argue with you, because I've had previous sorts of those and i don't feel like going in this loop again where stupid arguments are going to be included in.

Honest opinion: Sure taking Devbest pages would be nice. But then you would need to do a lot of working to make it look very nice. In this case i don't even think it's close to being nice thus it being a waste of time.

He's saying ''It's not even coded yet'' Dude it's done via Element inspect. What do you expect besides editing some parts removing some parts and actually add some things in that don't fit correctly.

Ripping isn't bad but do give the right credits to the right person along with the theme maker.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
How can you rip content thats available for download anyways?

Its only a design and most of it isnt even from inspect element. He probably just screenshotted the whole page. Look closely to the shoutbox background colors, half of it has been patched with white fill to cover the text.

I never meant my first post as an argumentative comment but don't go telling people their designs are shit and a waste of time when you haven't even contributed anything yourself.

Adem

Aug 8, 2012
I guess no one can see the 'credit' images pixels. :S And the pixel also.

ButtLord420

Please delete my devbest account.
Dec 11, 2010
Infinite is a paid xenforo theme and I don't think the owners of the theme would be too happy people using it. Then again, people use Sulake's images and files on retros.

GohanSSJ

Ya.
Feb 18, 2013
Queef.

You clearly yet again can't read anything. You should really be ashamed of yourself in many ways.

How can he screenshot it and change it via MS-Pain when it's clearly done via element inspect as you can see that the shoutbox is clearly changed and when you change it wit paint then it would leave a flaw. Which i can't see.

Don't go tell people what to post and what not to post, it's a honest opinion and it's totally true. Yet this is indeed a waste of time and it's not even close to being nice.

However he has my blessing onto making this nicer.

Infinite is a paid xenforo theme and I don't think the owners of the theme would be too happy people using it. Then again, people use Sulake's images and files on retros.

Indeed totally true.

Adem

Aug 8, 2012
Queef.

You clearly yet again can't read anything. You should really be ashamed of yourself in many ways.

How can he screenshot it and change it via MS-Pain when it's clearly done via element inspect as you can see that the shoutbox is clearly changed and when you change it wit paint then it would leave a flaw. Which i can't see.

Don't go tell people what to post and what not to post, it's a honest opinion and it's totally true. Yet this is indeed a waste of time and it's not even close to being nice.

However he has my blessing onto making this nicer.

Indeed totally true.
I did use MS-Paint, -.-.

Adem

Aug 8, 2012
Cannot really be bothered quoting and replying on here.
Close this Thread.

Baevus

the names ethan
Nov 4, 2012
Credit For Designing +3
Credit For Ripping -3

NEVAH RIP FRAMMMH DEVBEST.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
6i5fef.jpg

Looks like MS Paint left a few flaws to me.

Just stop trying to dignify the stupidest argument that he did all this via inspect element. Its not coded, its a design. Only way he'd do it via inspect element would be to get the images which im sure he did but the last time i checked the shout box wasn't 1 big image, its a container with a border.

I think my image explains it all. Just stop arguing the fact that you think its all done via Inspect element.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread