database is too big to import

Status
Not open for further replies.

JpK

Oct 5, 2011
Hiiiiiya :D

I'm trying to import an old forum database into my vps phpmyadmin but it says its too big...

How do I increase the upload size? I Googled it up and it says to edit php.ini config file...

I found php.ini-development and php.ini-production which one? and am I in the correct location? :D

:D

Thom

You can't touch this
Oct 1, 2010
Go to your phpMyAdmin folder and open "config.inc.php".

Add this line somewhere:
PHP:
$cfg['UploadDir'] = 'upload';

Now make a folder in the phpmyAdmin folder called "upload" and put the database in this folder.
You should be able to select the sql file and do it like this.

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
The reason why you really can't do it it because both php and mysql have a upload limit. You have to change both configuration files (since mysql is made in PHP, it uses also PHP's max upload size).

Possible solution:
  1. Locate your PHP configuration file php.ini (if you're using IIS, you can find it in the PHP extension menu thing)
  2. Find and change upload_max_filesize to about the size of your SQL file (you can just type 1024M or more)
If you get same error try to do the same from step one but just change the post_max_size to something higher too in the php.ini
Remember to restart your IIS or Apache depending on what you use. Try now to upload your SQL file.

Ayumi

Joshua Pike.
Sep 13, 2010
Go to your phpMyAdmin folder and open "config.inc.php".

Add this line somewhere:
PHP:
$cfg['UploadDir'] = 'upload';

Now make a folder in the phpmyAdmin folder called "upload" and put the database in this folder.
You should be able to select the sql file and do it like this.
This works for me fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread