Coded List, A-Z

sumo

The end is nigh.
Jan 18, 2014
I don't exactly, have a coded skeleton for this, so I'm going to be as descriptive as possible. Although, I do have a visual graphic.

I want to code a listed system, which will be in alphabetical order. Below the list will be a short-text box, which I can type in to. An insert button will be next to it. Once I press insert, it'll put the text into the list, in alphabetical order.
XBqmg.png

As seen in the picture, "Billy" would then be inserted in between "Albert" and "Brad" once I click insert.

I'd also like to implement a permissions system, so you can only see and use the short-text box and insert button if you've been granted permission. If I'm not mistaken, it goes a little like this:
PHP:
if($_SESSION['has_perm']=1;

That could be wrong, as I'm still learning. If 'has_perm' = 0 then they wouldn't be able to see the short-text box and insert button, just the list. Yes, I know a database is required. This whole system will be implemented onto my site, which currently my team and I are updating a list manually. It becomes a little time consuming. Hope I've been descriptive enough, and somebody out there can help me.

Users who are viewing this thread