Can't register users at my hotel! ERROR

Kopperud

Apr 5, 2012
When I try to create a new user on my hotel it fails! So after I have entered the name for the user and the password, and I press continue, and then i am redirected to a white page, where it says:
Incorrect string value: '\xE5 Norb...' for column 'motto' at row 1 How do i fix this error, so other peopel can register at my hotel!? Thanks for any help :)

Kopperud

Apr 5, 2012
when i run that sql code this happend!

[SQL] ALTER TABLE users MODIFY motto NOT NULL COLLATE utf8_bin;
[Err] 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'NOT NULL COLLATE utf8_bin' at line 1

Kopperud

Apr 5, 2012
I get the same error!

[SQL] ALTER TABLE users MODIFY motto DEFAULT NOT NULL COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
[Err] 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT NOT NULL COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 1

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I get the same error!

[SQL] ALTER TABLE users MODIFY motto DEFAULT NOT NULL COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
[Err] 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT NOT NULL COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 1
I'm sorry, try this:

DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8
DEFAULT COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

Kopperud

Apr 5, 2012
It's okay. I tried the others they did not work.

[SQL] DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8
DEFAULT COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
[Err] 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8
DEFAULT COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 1

Kopperud

Apr 5, 2012
A new error

[SQL] DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
[Err] 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8' at line 1

Nebula

Mar 4, 2013
make sure you're using the official RevCMS, none of this crap edited stuff, and thats one hell of a messed up error, try redoing RevCMS and re importing a fresh db

Users who are viewing this thread