Call of Duty Call of Duty Ghost uses dedicated servers on Xbox One

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/call_of_duty_ghosts/news/call_of_duty_ghost_uses_dedicated_servers_on_xbox_one.html said:
Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer for Xbox One will run on dedicated servers powered by the cloud, Microsoft has announced.

This marks a major change from the P2P structure used in earlier Call of Duty titles for consoles. It's not known if the PS4 version will offer dedicated servers.

In addition, Microsoft is teaming up with Activision and Infinity Ward to create an exclusive Call of Duty: Ghosts bundle across various European markets when the game is released in November.

The bundle will also include special bonus content, exclusive to Xbox One, and in the UK will be available only at GAME. You'll also receive a copy of FIFA 14.

Source:

Thoughts?

iDevon

Solo Dolo
Dec 27, 2010
Now the that the lag will be "gone." What about the unbalanced weapons and campers? Infinity Ward are well-known for both of these downfalls.

ImmortaL

Apr 15, 2013
Now the that the lag will be "gone." What about the unbalanced weapons and campers? Infinity Ward are well-known for both of these downfalls.

Lag does not simply go away.
Of course there were still be lag, for everyone. Just not as much.
Depending on where you live or your internet connection. And how can you blame IW for the campers? They don't have control over their players playstyles.

Vinnie

Dec 20, 2012
Don't bitch about someones playstyle unless you will pay them the amount they paid for the game.

iDevon

Solo Dolo
Dec 27, 2010
Lag does not simply go away.
Of course there were still be lag, for everyone. Just not as much.
Depending on where you live or your internet connection. And how can you blame IW for the campers? They don't have control over their players playstyles.

Noticed why I put gone in quotations...and yes I can blame them. They design the maps to be camper friendly.

Don't bitch about someones playstyle unless you will pay them the amount they paid for the game.

So, you sir are telling me it's fair to camp in a corner and kill people that run by? NO ONE likes getting killed by campers because they do nothing but corner whore and wait for kills. They don't deserve to have any benefits.

ImmortaL

Apr 15, 2013
Noticed why I put gone in quotations...and yes I can blame them. They design the maps to be camper friendly.

So, you sir are telling me it's fair to camp in a corner and kill people that run by? NO ONE likes getting killed by campers because they do nothing but corner whore and wait for kills. They don't deserve to have any benefits.

What the fuck? no matter how they design the maps, there will always be campers.
It's their PLAYSTYLE.
'Camper-friendly' or not so quit your bitching.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
I don't want to see one more thing about camping in this thread. That is not what it is about. Anyone that disregards this warning will get 1 point Offtopic infraction.

jayk

Retired Habbotard.
Sep 4, 2013
I like the idea Infinity Ward is pushing, however this will still depend on your Internet.
If you have average Internet, you won't 'lag' as much as you would in a game like Modern Warfare 3.

:up:

Users who are viewing this thread