Status
Not open for further replies.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
MonoShield
Because code is valulable.

Introduction

I am developing a program called MonoShield. It is called MonoShield because. (by .NET I mean C# and VB.NET applications)

1) It uses Mono.Cecil
2) It has the word shield because it protects your code.

This program can protect your code by..

1) Symbol renaming
2) Invalid method injection
3) String reference creation
4) String encryption
5) Anti-Reflector

All of these have been coded by myself!

euYxGkk.png

What are these functions?

Good question. I shall explain. First off, symbol renaming makes all the classes with names to unreadable gibberish. This still makes the application work. But the names should only be kept for the coder and no one else.

From this:

91LS8tJ.png

To this:

EIJv5Ln.png

--

The next task is invalid method injection.

hzZNKUU.png

Due to this. ILSpy breaks when you try to open the classes, but Reflector doesn't. Which is why I disabled the anti-reflector task.

And because nothing is returned, this will generate heaps of errors!

--

After that we have string referencing. This makes all strings are referenced to one class. And the method is called to get the strings

aWWw3fN.png

To

KeioofX.png

And when you click the method the strings are encrypted. String encryption is important as it prevents people from searching "password" or "license" as strings can be very sensitive and hold a lot of information.

hcVElOZ.png

--

And this is the anti-reflector included.

izC5bEW.png

--

Right now this has been tested with multiple .NET applications. Every single application has worked except forms with images. Forms on their own work.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Unless you are a Asian, this looks quite awesome, Alex. Awesome to see also some other developments except for web-based programming. Any plan on releasing this to the public, or only for private use?

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
- Thanks man! <3

- I am not sure yet - and yeah Asian writing, it's not meant to be understandable. I get bored and make these awesome applications then I am not sure what I should do with it. :p

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
Nice to see Mono being used around here.

Goodjob Alexxy.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Nice to see Mono being used around here.

Goodjob Alexxy.

It's Mono.Cecil, not Mono, thanks anyway!

Cecil is a library written by Jb Evain to generate and inspect programs and libraries in the ECMA CIL format. It has full support for generics, and support some debugging symbol format.

In simple English, with Cecil, you can load existing managed assemblies, browse all the contained types, modify them on the fly and save back to the disk the modified assembly.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
How do you want to use obfuscating software against programmers...?

1) Symbol renaming
4) String encryption
5) Anti-Reflector

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011

1) Symbol renaming
4) String encryption
5) Anti-Reflector

I know, I can read. How do you want to use those functions against coders? You obviously don't know where you are talking about.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
I know, I can read. How do you want to use those functions against coders? You obviously don't know where you are talking about.

ie - obsfuscate a client for a game... kind of like what jagex has been doing for 10 years with runescape. stop programmers from creating bots for the game.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
ie - obsfuscate a client for a game... kind of like what jagex has been doing for 10 years with runescape. stop programmers from creating bots for the game.
And its Jagex's right to do so. What you are now giving as example is like saying that the police are stopping criminals from stealing. Please, get some good examples if you want to reply.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
And its Jagex's right to do so. What you are now giving as example is like saying that the police are stopping criminals from stealing. Please, get some good examples if you want to reply.
wat.
How do you want to use obfuscating software against programmers...?
u asked how u could use this against programmers. i gave you an example of using obfuscating software against programmers. i never said jagex had no right to do so.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
wat.

u asked how u could use this against programmers. i gave you an example of using obfuscating software against programmers. i never said jagex had no right to do so.

If you have common sense you would know I ment it in a legal way. And if you want to do it that way, it still doesn't work against coders, it just makes it a bigger challenge.

Dann

ohi
Jan 26, 2013
Looks pretty good Alex! Good luck with the development, looks like it could be pretty good when completed.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Updates

- Improved string encryption.

Auto generated by obfuscator

QjOwizr.png

vUcSPiN.png

And click the method to get the string will show..

nPEQqDf.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread