Are you gonna join MySpace?

SkeetEmUp

Habpl.us
May 16, 2011
Well there's a new MySpace coming out and it actually looks really nice.
From the way the website looks and works its all very nice and actually makes me want to join!

Have a look at it here:

So are you gonna join? Thoughts on it etc?

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
Looks better than facebooks shitty web design and facebook is soooo buggy

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
I don't know what you're doing, unless your password is ' OR 0' then what bugs are you talking about?
Q0dSH.png

Says I have 5 photos - But then it says I have no photos :)

5wV1G.png

says I have 4 photos when I only have 2 photos uploaded to facebook

Says I have 6 albums when you can see I only have 2

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Q0dSH.png

Says I have 5 photos - But then it says I have no photos :)

5wV1G.png

says I have 4 photos when I only have 2 photos uploaded to facebook

Says I have 6 albums when you can see I only have 2
Well I see your problem.
It's not in 'Murican.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Reminds me a bit of some of the tumblr themes, looks alright though. Since I hate facebook, I'll give it a try.

DcSelby

DcSelby is the boss.
Jul 19, 2012
I think it's based it's ideas on Windows 8, and maybe even Tumblr - after seeing the success of it. However, it looks good. I don't use social networking sites regularly. iMessage does the job for me. However, I'm happy with Twitter and Facebook so shan't be joining.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Looks nice, might join - never did before but may this time, might be interested I heard he spent his life there, lol.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Ill probably register and that's about it, they can try to imitate Facebook but Facebook will always win its user base is too strong. Yes MySpace has been here longer(?) but it's lost what it once had and I think it'll stay like this.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Looks better than facebooks shitty web design and facebook is soooo buggy

Actually Facebook's design looks really great, at least better than the one they had like three years ago.

ON TOPIC: I might join it, i don't really like MySpace, but i'l just give a shot once the new version of it is out.
But i don't think i'm gonna be using it like a lot, depends actually.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I personally think that the UI is very overwhelming and hard to navigate. They may get quite a few users who come on just to toy around, but after that, they aren't coming back. The UI might look cool and hip, but it's just not practical.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
The UI looks nice and hip. It will probably be easy to use for everyday computer users.
However those that are non-regular internet users may find the navigation hard and confusing.

Like Josh said, i dont think MySpace will make its 'big' return

SkeetEmUp

Habpl.us
May 16, 2011
I considered the UI looks a bit difficult for the non common internet users but I think that's why Facebook is so popular with the older community as-well as young. Older people know how to navigate it which is good.

I noticed you can link Twitter and Facebook so it looks like they're not going for competing but more as a add-on type feature. If you can link your MySpace and post/read statuses or tweets I think it would be great.

Aiwa

Forum Lesbian
Jan 6, 2011
The UI looks... nice-ish.

But I can't be bothered to go back and go something that died years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread