PC Against All Odds (Military Text Gamebook RPG)

Zeddicus

The Glorious PC Gaming Master Race
Mar 23, 2012
65gxxywa

What is "Against All Odds?"
"Against All Odds" is a Military Text Gamebook RPG, and to those who are new to those sorts of games, I suggest you check out a text based game such as "Zork" to see what I'm talking about. These types of games are oldschool and are really easy to program, and if you have the right application, you might not even have to program at all! Anyways, this is a Military RPG where you are playing as Lance Corporal Johnston in the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment in the 101st Airborne Division in year 2025 when the United States is at war with China. You play all the way from Camp to the actual Battlefield. The choices you make choose your fate, similar to games like Skyrim, Dishonored, or Fallout, but text based, so you'll really have to use your imagination to picture images.​

How do I play it?
Well, first off, you'll need to have an application called "Quest" which you can download or in the downloads section of the thread. NOTE: This application is optimized for Windows only, unless you can find another version out there! Basically, once you download the game, unzip the RAR file and extract the "Military Survival" folder to your desktop. From there, go to the folder and scroll down to "Military Survival" it should look like this:
gqvs.png
A window will pop up in the Quest Application, you'll see all the game's contents to the left side, feel free to edit the game as you wish - it's obviously open source. To play the game, however, click "Play" to the top right corner, you'll see an icon that looks like this:
OxYjrcw.png
After that you'll be playing the game! It's easy to catch on to, so you won't really need a tutorial. It gives you options for your next move, you get to pick from them, and that's how you play!​

Current development in-game
Red = Haven't started
Green = Done
Yellow = Started/In progress

• Chapter 1: Camp/Tutorial
  • Chapter 2: Air Assault
  • Chapter 3: One Last Stand
  • Social Interaction
  • Pick your weaponry class
  • Sleep feature
  • Hand to hand combat
  • Radio feature
  • Shooting feature
  • Spontaneous chat
  • Squad commands
  • Tactics
In-game screenshots
NOTE: This is only a text based gamebook, so don't expect high end graphics, it's pure oldschool RPG!
56z4.png

Downloads

Additional Notes
  • This is only the BETA, please report any issues or bugs to me - if you get to a screen that says *Beta* that means you reached the rest of the game, i'll be adding more and more, be sure to give me your feedback!
  • The download size is 25.19MB
  • Don't trust the download? Check out the VirusTotal Scan

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
You should note what open source licence you're applying to this, and then add it to github.
Try and maintain opensource and have it run natively, instead of through whatever program this is.

I'll try and download it tomorrow at work!

Users who are viewing this thread