xHabbo - Node Administration Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
jeez, another one. you're starting to get like a certain some-one ;).

Not sure why you have it displaying the RAM and CPU cores, it's pretty useless imo. I like the design of it though, looks clean and simple. Good luck.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013

Not sure why you have it displaying the RAM and CPU cores, it's pretty useless imo. I like the design of it though, looks clean and simple. Good luck.
This is what iPanel was, (and yes it was finished via github) , however in Node.

Showing RAM and CPU is basically for those annoying owners who buy dedis to show off their specs LOL that and it's a nice place holder

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014

haha, you're not funny.

ON-TOPIC:

still an anti-pattern.

Running these in parallel but none of them seem depend on each other so it's kinda redundant to do so.

at least some of us know enough to give actual criticism ;).

Last edited:

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
haha, you're not funny.

ON-TOPIC:

still an anti-pattern.

Running these in parallel but none of them seem depend on each other so it's kinda redundant to do so.

I don't care about patterns, it's not a heavy end app for a major company. The sooner I stop caring about patterns which are irrelevant in my future, the fastest the updates will be. I simply use it for control flow, and the reliance if you must know is where models have to be initiated before website logic, and where website logic follows its pattern by matter of what the request touches first.

Dependency injection manually would slow me down too much in the few hours I code now, so meh

Also
The little icons in the header with badges next to them are legitimate data
HCoo0wm.png

Da0wbUu.png

The circle will also be red if the login failed

Last edited:

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
This is what iPanel was, (and yes it was finished via github) , however in Node.

Showing RAM and CPU is basically for those annoying owners who buy dedis to show off their specs LOL that and it's a nice place holder
haha, you're not funny.

ON-TOPIC:

still an anti-pattern.

I was giving my feedback, I wasn't criticising him on anything. oh also, who said I was aiming it at you? maybe you do it on purpose.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Hey,

Updates
-Recoded my middleware to be faster, more efficient, and actually perform it's duty of checking permissions per request
-Added overwatch security (Action logging, Admin User Viewing (Actions, Sessions, Etc), Account suspending (Unless god mode is enabled)
-Added website management for iHabbo CMS functions
-Code Cleanup
-News Management

Plans
-I'd like to code mus support into the panel, unsure of what Plus supports, however.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
haha, you're not funny.

ON-TOPIC:

still an anti-pattern.

Parallelism is not for functions that are 'dependent' on each other... You really, really, really need to stop talking out of your arse. Also, a single, read-only global variable can be useful in many cases.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Parallelism is not for functions that are 'dependent' on each other... You really, really, really need to stop talking out of your arse. Also, a single, read-only global variable can be useful in many cases.
"Parallelism"
I think you're misinterpreting the purpose of async.parallel in node.js, you've used it in how many occasions or are you just going off prior knowledge of what asynchronous and parallel programming are?

async.parallel

Global variables in general are still an anti-pattern in Node.js. Especially when you're using a lot of libraries because you don't know which one could use/modify the same variable the houses your entire application instance's (The way Chris uses them), then you're fucked.

Who's talking out of their arse... me or you?

Also. When I mentioned functions that were "dependent" on each other I was considering the order of execution with each function would make it perfect for initializing variables and other settings that are dependent on the one beforehand. Otherwise you're just bullshitting and ultimately disregarding the foundation of node.js which is already somewhat asynchronous.

This is a forum @Adil, criticism is not provoking an argument so even if I was wrong "talking out of the arse" is more than rude.

Sums up global variables and why Chris shouldn't be using them in this particular fashion.

Last edited:

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Spending twice the amount of time to manually declare variables, and what collections I could need would be a waste of time.

Application.Collections (Contains Async library, Logging library, User Session management, and Error handling)
Application.Database (Contains my Connection pool, and models)
Application.Http (Contains my web servers, middleware, middleware groups, and controllers)

This isn't made to be a perfect or even flawless example of Node in production environments. It's a learning project, and something to try to provide more management options to the scene. I have very little time for development anymore

Edit
I don't use async's forEach function..

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
"Parallelism"
I think you're misinterpreting the purpose of async.parallel in node.js, you've used it in how many occasions or are you just going off prior knowledge of what asynchronous and parallel programming are?

async.parallel
Run the tasks collection of functions in parallel, without waiting until the previous function has completed. If any of the functions pass an error to its callback, the main callback is immediately called with the value of the error. Once the tasks have completed, the results are passed to the finalcallback as an array.
I'm not misinterpreting anything here. Maybe you're the one misinterpreting stuff?

Global variables in general are still an anti-pattern in Node.js. Especially when you're using a lot of libraries because you don't know which one could use/modify the same variable the houses your entire application instance's (The way Chris uses them), then you're fucked.
If he uses the name 'xHabboApplication' rather than 'Application', I highly doubt any libraries would modify it (the global variable).
Who's talking out of their arse... me or you?
lol
Also. When I mentioned functions that were "dependent" on each other I was considering the order of execution with each function would make it perfect for initializing variables and other settings that are dependent on the one beforehand. Otherwise you're just bullshitting and ultimately disregarding the foundation of node.js which is already somewhat asynchronous.

He's not using async.forEach lol
This is a forum @Adil, criticism is not provoking an argument so even if I was wrong "talking out of the arse" is more than rude.

Sums up global variables and why Chris shouldn't be using them in this particular fashion.
lol

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
I'm not misinterpreting anything here. Maybe you're the one misinterpreting stuff?
Use the function x amount of times until you realize it's not what you think it is (the functionality which you guessed based off the name of the function).

He's not using async.forEach lol
Wasn't saying he was if you read it you would understand the relevance of that link but I'll emphasize for you.

"It's a common misconception that the async library will magically make your synchronous JavaScript asynchronous, alas, it only contains tools for composing function with are already asynchronous. In order to run your example in parallel you'd have to fire up multiple node.js processes or web-workers since JavaScript is single-threaded... that said, I think what you're suggesting is that it just releases control to the event loop after calling each synchronous function. I think using synchronous functions with async is an abuse of the library but people seem determined to do it, so perhaps we should placate them since the performance implications are small. The iterators called in series should already release control to the event loop, it's the ones operating in parallel which currently don't... to keep it predictable we could also wait for a nextTick before calling any async functions to make them consistently asynchronous, but who are these people running sync functions as async iterators??" - caolan

If he uses the name 'xHabboApplication' rather than 'Application', I highly doubt any libraries would modify it (the global variable).
Why I didn't pressure? My post was deleted when I said "ok" after him not "caring about patterns". Because I just advised against it. it's called criticism.
Spending twice the amount of time to manually declare variables, and what collections I could need would be a waste of time.

Application.Collections (Contains Async library, Logging library, User Session management, and Error handling)
Application.Database (Contains my Connection pool, and models)
Application.Http (Contains my web servers, middleware, middleware groups, and controllers)

This isn't made to be a perfect or even flawless example of Node in production environments. It's a learning project, and something to try to provide more management options to the scene. I have very little time for development anymore

Edit
I don't use async's forEach function..
Then it would be a proper, more correct waste of time. But I don't recall attempting to force you to use anything because this is not my project nor something that I use. I only advised against it.

Your project, your decision.

I don't use async's forEach function
Read my reply to Adil.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Use the function x amount of times until you realize it's not what you think it is (the functionality which you guessed based off the name of the function).
Still not making sense. Arguing for the sake arguing. Oh Jaden, you never change.
Wasn't saying he was if you read it you would understand the relevance of that link but I'll emphasize for you.

"It's a common misconception that the async library will magically make your synchronous JavaScript asynchronous, alas, it only contains tools for composing function with are already asynchronous. In order to run your example in parallel you'd have to fire up multiple node.js processes or web-workers since JavaScript is single-threaded... that said, I think what you're suggesting is that it just releases control to the event loop after calling each synchronous function. I think using synchronous functions with async is an abuse of the library but people seem determined to do it, so perhaps we should placate them since the performance implications are small. The iterators called in series should already release control to the event loop, it's the ones operating in parallel which currently don't... to keep it predictable we could also wait for a nextTick before calling any async functions to make them consistently asynchronous, but who are these people running sync functions as async iterators??" - caolan
Your point is still incoherent. async.parallel fires off tasks in parallel.

Sometimes it feels like you argue for the sake of arguing. You really need to get your priorities in order.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Still not making sense. Arguing for the sake arguing. Oh Jaden, you never change.

Your point is still incoherent. async.parallel fires off tasks in parallel.

Sometimes it feels like you argue for the sake of arguing. You really need to get your priorities in order.
1. I wasn't arguing.

2. No it doesn't.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Async Parallel is only used when I need to ensure that things are returned at the same time or Async Series is used

Regardless of this, seems to handle speed relative well and even more so better than the last project I released despite handling a lot more data

Updates
-Most panel customization is done
-It'll be interesting to implement some last minute ideas into it

-Due to the issue of setting up two remote servers, I may just build a CMS into this if needed.

Last edited:

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Async Parallel is only used when I need to ensure that things are returned at the same time or Async Series is used
Precisely my point, why would you need to add 1 callback to multiple functions that have no correlation to each other programmatically.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Updates

-Housekeeping Staff Management
--Staff User Creation
--Staff User Editing
--Staff User Password Resetting
--Staff User Suspending
--Staff User Deleting

--Staff Group Creation
--Staff Group Deleting

JbOqtw1.png

g8oDeGf.png

Updates
-Emulator features supported (Basic Server Configuration, Youtube Playlists, Etc)
-Some changes to structure (Hotel Overview added for statistical viewing, etc)

Planned
-Code cleanup / last minute overhaul / design evening in backend
-Multiple feature additions to help populate this administrative experience and make it easier
-Major emulator supportive scripts (Restarting, Cache updating, Pending on Craig's reply for assistance)

Release Date
-Scheduled for 2 weeks

Screenshots
IgyGed8.png

dnJt0DG.png

Any questions, or feature requests? Feel free to post them down here.

Important Notice
  1. This is not Rev or based off of any previous work
  2. No other developer had any contribution to this project, besides assistance from Craig (Sledmore)
  3. This project will be entirely written in Node and will not be the easiest to setup due to the new experiences
  4. I suggest people get familiar with the installation of iHabboCMS for preparation with Node-based releases
  5. This is entirely made to support Plus Emulator and will be updated to support any additional features in the future.

Also
I am in dire need of beta testers. To be applicable, just purchase a server and be able to learn quickly with the setup of this panel and to do extensive testing.

Bump

You must be registered for see images attach

Fairly basic update, added an auto-installer middleware function. Tested and works, will implement further things in the build 6 overhaul

Berk

berkibap#4233
Developer
Oct 17, 2015
An awesome idea from me:
See support tickets (client)
See support tickets (sent by cms)
MOD tools on panel , like in hotel with .draggable() element

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
An awesome idea from me:
See support tickets (client)
See support tickets (sent by cms)
MOD tools on panel , like in hotel with .draggable() element
Support tickets will be implemented in a way to handle presets for the emulator, and website support tickets (could) be implemented

Anyways, for those who missed it

Updates
-Even more features
-Auto installer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread