Wrongfully Suspended?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
i've been suspended (username Habcrush) for apparently having one of my pages "votexabbo" linking to a voting page?! vote xabbo isn't even my hotel and i don't even have a hotel on my findretros called that! my only hotel is called Habcrush!

Wouto

Posting Freak
FindRetros Moderator
May 31, 2011
Was me, I put the wrong page name in the description but your page (HabcrushHotel) index voting.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
Was me, I put the wrong page name in the description but your page (HabcrushHotel) index voting.
can you unsuspend me please? i'll fix it, my dev did it wrong and only just now told me :(

Wouto

Posting Freak
FindRetros Moderator
May 31, 2011
difference is theirs doesn't make you vote, but yours does.

JynX

Posting Freak
Feb 6, 2016
I'm not a staff member for FindRetros, but this should help clear things up:
As Wouto said you're not even close to doing the same thing that NGH and others do. What these other hotels do is set their hotel's URL to something like hotel.com/index?novote. Their site then checks to see if the GET variable of 'novote' is set. If it's set then we can assume they're from FindRetros and will not make them vote. If it's not set however, we will send them to the voting page and assume they are a normal visitor. Notice how when you directly visit your site from your banner ( ) you get sent INSTANTLY to the voting page? That's bad and against the policies set forth by FindRetros staff. However if we go to NGH's banner link ( ) it does NOT take us to the voting and thus follows the rules.

TLDR; You tried being like everyone else, failed, and got suspended for not doing it properly.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
I'm not a staff member for FindRetros, but this should help clear things up:
As Wouto said you're not even close to doing the same thing that NGH and others do. What these other hotels do is set their hotel's URL to something like hotel.com/index?novote. Their site then checks to see if the GET variable of 'novote' is set. If it's set then we can assume they're from FindRetros and will not make them vote. If it's not set however, we will send them to the voting page and assume they are a normal visitor. Notice how when you directly visit your site from your banner ( ) you get sent INSTANTLY to the voting page? That's bad and against the policies set forth by FindRetros staff. However if we go to NGH's banner link ( ) it does NOT take us to the voting and thus follows the rules.

TLDR; You tried being like everyone else, failed, and got suspended for not doing it properly.
tried being like everyone else? lol what.. my dev did it by accident as i clearly stated.. i don't need your paragraph imput thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread