Working from home experiences?

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
Just a little thread I’d like to talk about. Curious on everyone’s experiences on using technology in new ways with the pandemic. I personally have worked from home for over a year and a half already, so it wasn’t much of a difference other than an uptick in traffic for us. But how’s everyone handling it? I’ve read that so many places are on backorder for webcams and microphones. Have you guys/girls had any trouble getting those for virtual meetings/work from home scenarios? Share your thoughts.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
I've been self employed/working from home for quite sometime so this whole Corona thing didn't really change my work life much. A lot of my onsite visits were either cut short or I was actually able to have the office to myself, which is amazing because typically I can't even get them to logoff for me while I do work. For the first few months traffic was a breeze too, typical 1.25hr drive was shortened to .5hr (what's a speed limit when there's no one in your way?) and there was special deals going on at weed stores for a little while because they were worried people wouldn't be buying, so next to my client's office in Seattle I was picking up half ounces for like $70 on the weekly. Once everyone realized the roads were open and we were actually gunna be locked down everything changed and people started to panic drive, constantly cutting you off, seemingly driving like their life is at stake. Same thing in the stores too, actually!

I think my biggest problem that occurred because of this is that a lot of MSPs aren't working, at all. So I've had to go and find a new company to procure licenses and such because my regular MSP is basically on vacation until next year I guess.

DDDDec

Tongue Boxing Champion 2023
May 30, 2017
I havnt worked at home since I work in retail works been all over the place we've been helping out the bigger stores that are short staffed helping them restock their shelfs from our normal work it's pretty much all the same as I work at home and work out aswell so ig it's been pretty easy for me if not more beneficial mo eh and work wise. Still tho hope everyone's staying safe pretty much just been busting nuts the whole time coz I'm bored and can't go out LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread