Which PC should I go for?

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Hi,

Built a couple gaming computers in my day and I'm not too interested in building anymore considering the prices are almost the same for the pre-built ones, and to me - it's no difference. I'm looking to get back into streaming, but unsure which build I should go with. I have an MSI Raider GE75 with an i7 and an RTX 2070, it's my first gaming laptop, and Intel based computer and honestly - I'm very impressed. But, I'm looking at getting a desktop for streaming/gaming. Which one should I consider, and why?

Ryzen Build ($2,214 CAD)
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Processor
  • GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER™ 8GB GDDR6
  • 16GB Vengeance 3000MHz RAM
  • ASUS PRIME X570-P RGB Motherboard
  • 500GB WD Blue SN550 Series PCIe NVMe + 2TB HDD Combo
Intel Build ($2,062 CAD)
  • Intel® Core™ Processor i7-9700K
  • GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER™ 8GB GDDR6
  • 16GB Vengeance 3000MHz RAM
  • 240GB WD Green SSD + 2TB HDD Combo
  • ASUS Prime Z390-P WiFi ATX Motherboard
The computer must be able to stream, run games at 144 frames with no lag at all.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
" ."
Depends on what you need, personally i'd probably go with the AMD system because of the performance in workloads other than gaming, and linux stuff with iommu.

Also the gaming gap can probably be greatly decreased by tinkering with ram, because of the infinity fabric thing

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Go with the Intel build & the 200$ from other build put towards the 1070 Ti or 1080/ti instead if it allows you to change components (most do). Like @griimnak mentioned, it depends on what you need it for. But for 200$ I'd say do what I said, the performance difference between the two is not worth the extra $200.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
" ."
Depends on what you need, personally i'd probably go with the AMD system because of the performance in workloads other than gaming, and linux stuff with iommu.

Also the gaming gap can probably be greatly decreased by tinkering with ram, because of the infinity fabric thing
Go with the Intel build & the 200$ from other build put towards the 1070 Ti or 1080/ti instead if it allows you to change components (most do). Like @griimnak mentioned, it depends on what you need it for. But for 200$ I'd say do what I said, the performance difference between the two is not worth the extra $200.
Thanks you two, would you notice any major difference between the two builds witth streaming a game such as Fortnite, GTA, Escape from Tarkov?

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
Thanks you two, would you notice any major difference between the two builds witth streaming a game such as Fortnite, GTA, Escape from Tarkov?
I think fps drawn to you would be higher with the intel build, but frametimes on the stream wouldn't be as consistent as the amd build.
You should look into too, it's best in terms of performance if that's what you're chasing.

Users who are viewing this thread