When do you think you'll leave retros behind?

Feb 27, 2013
Hey Guys,

I wanted to make a little discussion post just to see peoples thoughts on this topic. I'm more so looking for people with large investments such as a habbo retro or countless hours of development, but it's a question open to anyone.

The question being: When do you think you'll leave retros behind you?

For myself personally, I have a lot invested in Habbo and I think that if I were to just up and leave I would not only upset a lot of people but also feel a void missing inside of me (until I fill it with something else). In all honesty, I've adjusted my lifestyle to work around Habbo (retros in particular, I don't play the real Habbo) and don't really mind even if that makes me a major nerd. I could probably do this for another year or so, but then I feel as though I'll move onto bigger projects in my life such as a career in my field of study (not programming related).

Velaski

winner
Aug 4, 2015
I think you should follow along on your programming, you've learnt a lot and it's a shame if all that knowledge goes to nothing, but it's whatever floats your boat.

I'm gonna leave retros in around a years time. I hardly play them anyway, I only chill around in the community and play RP's sometimes.

Jerry

not rly active lol
Jul 8, 2013
I think you should follow along on your programming, you've learnt a lot and it's a shame if all that knowledge goes to nothing, but it's whatever floats your boat.
Agreed.

I will probably leave the retro scene in about a year or two since Holo v2 (that I'm currently working on) will be my last project. Everyone is just growing up and getting too old for retros man. I joined the retro scene in 2013 (which was a perfect time since the retro community was so active at that time), but unfortunately retros started to slowly die out. I've been in the retro scene for almost six years now, and I've gotten quite better than before just like everyone else (We all started off from the bottom).

I'm not sure if I will continue to 'program' when I leave the retro scene even though I did develop retros for education purposes.

May 1, 2015
I've been involved in retros since i was 12 years old, it's going on 6 years.
I'll probably leave the retro scene in 1-2 years.

JynX

Posting Freak
Feb 6, 2016
once i get a girlfriend
So never basically?

ONT: I will probably quit retros soon enough as to be honest I'm already in that sort of "cba with retros" phase where I'd rather do something else. But then when I do branch away I get bored and have basically nothing to do so it's kind of dull which is why I've came back over and over to retros. I probably will quit soon enough though maybe a month or two?

aqilws

Sep 8, 2011
I just hope that all those legend Habbo retro developer will pass down thier "knowledge" to the newbies so that the "legacy" continue in a way it wont make retro community dies ....

Platinum

Hello!
Sep 2, 2012
I don't quite know when I'll leave (properly). I've been in the community since approximately 2012, then left for months; since then it's been a continuous cycle, I came back every year then left for a few months. My longest gap was between 2014 to 2015; again only talking months.

I plan on leaving again in probably less than a month from now to focus more on preparation for university soon, and I need to leave in order to not be distracted. I've devoted quite a portion of my life to such a community; even though I'm not a guy with much to offer, I know what I've done and I know that I've enjoyed doing it.

Last edited:

TheRealMoonman

I eat babies
Sep 30, 2014
Left already from late 2015, until this year. love coming back here to see all the self righteous beta's

But i will leave when i get bored again

NathanCarn3y

Leaving a legacy
Sep 14, 2016
I probably won't leave never even if I do I would still get on devbest. I Been on retros since 2012 and had a fun time enjoying Rise, Tardis, Buzz, then RageRP. I may come and go as I been doing it over the past 2-3 years I been on devbest.

I would really leave retros in 2019 when I graduate high school and start getting ready too go to college.

Last edited:

aqilws

Sep 8, 2011
i ve been on habbo since 2007? i started join retros when habbo changed to flash and i got bored of it as they removed alot of good old features and minigames this is me on my old habbo account!!
690e59570ea743baa809ca07d885a8ba.png

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
retros will stay for a while. Some keep developing, some just suck donkey ass. Its a matter of time nd if nathandeveloper makes another rp zzz (I'm joking Nathan I love ur dev work rly)

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Lately done nothing, can't recall the last time I opened Visual Studios and don't have the motivation and to do anything Habbo related - but I still don't feel that I've achieved anything worthy.

Might have one last try at a project and then call it quits. I think for me, the only thing that has kept me around is friends - however lately, since ditching Habbo my circle of friends has downsized - which is good, as it shows you who is a friend and who actually just spoke to you to get something.

Users who are viewing this thread