What's your view on Fortnite?

Kay

Feb 3, 2014
What do you think of Fortnite? Is it addicting or boring?
maxresdefault.jpg

Personally, I've played Fortnite a few times. It can be a good game but it does get too repetitive with it being the same maps, chests are pretty much in the same place majority of the time and people can memorize the map and find the best places to hide which gives a disadvantage to new players till they learn.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
Yes, it can get repetitive but even games that have multiple maps can get repetitive. There is a learning curve for new players, but hopefully once PvE is released for free it will make it easier.

Still better than pubg though.

Kay

Feb 3, 2014
Yes, it can get repetitive but even games that have multiple maps can get repetitive. There is a learning curve for new players, but hopefully once PvE is released for free it will make it easier.

Still better than pubg though.
Yeah that's true, all games can be repetitive. Still would be good for new maps though, looking forward to the future updates it brings!

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
Overall, I don't find the game to be that fun what so ever but I do think that it is far better than PUBG.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
Minecraft Hunger Games >
lol jk
I never fancied the whole battle royal gameplay, but I'd have to say I would like pubg better mechanically.
The building in fortnite turns me off, If i was to play battle royal i'd want it to boil down to skill of shooting.

I have played fortnite though, it's pretty fun. Repetitive for me- I much rather invest time into a long term game

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
I have yet to see an aimbot but then again I'm a console player :(
PUBG on PC is filled with aimbotting noobs.

Fortnite has it's pros and cons but so does PUBG, it's really just what you prefer. If PUBG was more stable and had better graphics and 60fps on console, it would wreck Fortnite as it seems more realistic. But, overall as of now, Fortnite is definitely the better game, I read somewhere that it could be up for Game of the Year next to Grand Theft Auto in 2018, which is crazy.

Kristo

Website & Software Developer
Feb 5, 2015
Fortnite like any other game has it's pros and cons. Honestly though I do get sick of the constant competition and repetitive arguments surrounding Fortnite and PUBG.

Graphically the games are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Fortnite uses stylised graphics akin to what you would expect if you were playing games like World of Warcraft. In terms of animations they are very fluid and appropriate for the style and it makes the game enjoyable. PUBG on the other hand took the realism route with regards to characters, environments, vehicles etc. PUBG may be developed on the Unreal platform but the visuals of the game still don't impress me overly as they could be far better. The game even a while after release still feels poorly optimised and my 1080 GTX still has moments where it struggles to breach 100fps.

SOUL

┼ ┼ ┼
Nov 10, 2015
Fortnite like any other game has it's pros and cons. Honestly though I do get sick of the constant competition and repetitive arguments surrounding Fortnite and PUBG.

Graphically the games are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Fortnite uses stylised graphics akin to what you would expect if you were playing games like World of Warcraft. In terms of animations they are very fluid and appropriate for the style and it makes the game enjoyable. PUBG on the other hand took the realism route with regards to characters, environments, vehicles etc. PUBG may be developed on the Unreal platform but the visuals of the game still don't impress me overly as they could be far better. The game even a while after release still feels poorly optimised and my 1080 GTX still has moments where it struggles to breach 100fps.
Fortenite is more heavy on the CPU. I'm running a i5 3ghz with gtx 1050 and i get 70+fps at high settings

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
I hate it but I can see why people love it (I'm crap at it... :tired:)
It can be a bit slow, but it's a good game

Users who are viewing this thread