What's your view on Cracked Emulators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adidas

Retro Developer
May 6, 2012
I don't think it's bad at all. Why should we pay $20-$25 on something we can get for free. Phoenix Emulators are actually illegal if you think about. Since habbo retros are illegal i'm pretty sure making and selling is illegal. And on r4gezone. I heard that nexen team is close to getting the source. After they do they will release it. And after Aaron is fucked because new emu's will be coming out like everyday. It will an open source project from their. But, yeah whats your opinion? I know they don't have all the features but, it's close.

Clit

Posting Freak
Feb 25, 2012
I totally agree with you 100%. You said it perfectly..
But all the Phoenix Supporters versus us.
We're a lonely baby gazelle in Africa. :(
Phoenix Reps and Supporters DoS hotels running cracked.
That's one of the downfalls and one force to buy a license.

Micki

Sep 2, 2011
Obvzly its kinda good for everyone that its cracked and the source is leaked, but if this stops Aaron from making more (Before Habbo does sumthing) latest editions of Phoenix its gna be shit

leenster

Dec 26, 2011
I don't think it's bad at all. Why should we pay $20-$25 on something we can get for free. Phoenix Emulators are actually illegal if you think about. Since habbo retros are illegal i'm pretty sure making and selling is illegal. And on r4gezone. I heard that nexen team is close to getting the source. After they do they will release it. And after Aaron is fucked because new emu's will be coming out like everyday. It will an open source project from their. But, yeah whats your opinion? I know they don't have all the features but, it's close.

I don't see why phoenix should be free... Would you work on something for over a year and the let everybody just steal it? I didnt think so.
"Phoenix Emulators are actually illegal" - No they are not.
"Since habbo retros are illegal i'm pretty sure making and selling is illegal." - Owning a hotel and using habbo's files is illegal. He can sell as many emulators as he wants.
"I heard that nexen team is close to getting the source." - You heard wrong.
"It will an open source project from their." - Wrong again. someone will take the source and add a couple cool features and sell it again.... thats just how things go in the habbo community.

Adidas

Retro Developer
May 6, 2012
Im not wrong I have been shown a screen shot.. xD
exactly it will be open source for everyone!

JoshuaLuke

Posting Freak
Jan 29, 2012
Phoenix Emulation isn't illegal... Aaron / Meth0d - Roy coded it, not Sulake, the only thing illegal used in Habbo Retro's is Sulake's property (CSS, Images, SWF files) etc.

Also, people who crack Phoenix are just idiots. Why should Aaron work his ass off on Phoenix then have all his work stolen? You wouldn't like it if you had worked on a piece of art for days and someone steals it

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Idiot. Why should you use a cracked Phoenix emulator in the first place? Don't you think you're just too dumb to use one for your hotel publicly? Supporters can easily track whether or not you're using a cracked PhoenixEMU since those who cracked PhoenixEMU takes time to crack the latest versions.

Noob. You won't get support for using cracked here or on 0taku. Simply buy one and you won't be a noob for downloading a cracked PhoenixEMU. Also you're noob for using one since most of the time they don't work at second or third time due to man-made errors, mwahaha.

So that's my view in cracked PhoenixEMUs.

Clit

Posting Freak
Feb 25, 2012
I am pretty sure something that emulates habbo is illegal... Lol. Kinda common sense..

Deion

Posting Freak
Jul 3, 2010
Rev will be free and it looks way better, why pay for something that can't update to the newest standards. From what I know most people say they used cracks because they can't pay for the original then when they get enough, they'll get the original, so I just view cracks as a ticket to buying the official.

I don't understand why DevBest is against it, this has nothing to do with Phoenix it's self. This is it's own forum and shall allow anything, people use cracked minecraft account and other cracks, why not Phoenix?

Aercor

The Official Gay
Oct 1, 2011
Cracked is terrible. The only good emulator that will be free is Rev. Cracked and all that other stuff is complete junk.

Samalan

May 28, 2012
Using cracked versions of Pheonix isn't a bright idea as there are ways that people can find out and then they will decide to leave. You should also support the developer which is Aaron and a few others I believe because they have spent ages on it so you should at least give them something in return. If you think about it, if everyone used cracked versions then Aaron wouldn't earn any more money and then would stop the project completely. Meaning unless you do all the coding, you won't be getting any of the latest updates.

tyr0ne

Mar 29, 2012
Because people still work on doing emulators and all. it's common sense that you ask money for the work you've done.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Rev will be free and it looks way better, why pay for something that can't update to the newest standards. From what I know most people say they used cracks because they can't pay for the original then when they get enough, they'll get the original, so I just view cracks as a ticket to buying the official.

I don't understand why DevBest is against it, this has nothing to do with Phoenix it's self. This is it's own forum and shall allow anything, people use cracked minecraft account and other cracks, why not Phoenix?
You got a point, but the problem is that if we use cracked, it means we are not supporting the creator of that product. And I agree on your first sentence. Once RevolutionEMU is done, these talks about Phoenix will soon fade.

SkeetEmUp

Habpl.us
May 16, 2011
If you don't wanna pay for it create your own shit. The only reason Aaron continues Phoenix development is because he gets paid. Hell I sure wouldn't work for such a demanding community made up of little kids that just want horses and R63B for free.

Half of you need to learn that things in life aren't free. You want someone to code for you... YOU PAY THEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread