What to look for in a VPS?

Gevster

Oct 31, 2016
I'm just curious as to what exactly I should be paying attention to in a VPS to ensure I'm meeting the needs necessary to run retro on it. I know that bandwidth and RAM are important but I don't know how much I should get for my situation. Are cores important? The hell are cores? Long story short I'm just looking for a VPS that will be able to handle around 15-20 users at a time merely to start off. For something that small would 2GB RAM suffice, or should I look at something more in the 8-10 range? What about bandwidth?

Would appreciate any recommendations to good VPS's and/or explanations as to what I should look for! Thank you!

Skitering

Oct 26, 2016
2GB are totally enough, trust me. The most important thing is, you have to choose a WINDOWS-VPS otherwise it will not work. Cores are not that important.
If you have more questions or problems when creating your habbo retro, feel free to add me in skype: skiteringtm

Pinkman

Posting Freak
Jul 27, 2016
2GB are totally enough, trust me. The most important thing is, you have to choose a WINDOWS-VPS otherwise it will not work. Cores are not that important.
If you have more questions or problems when creating your habbo retro, feel free to add me in skype: skiteringtm
Kid don't say Linux ain't working for a retro. It may be just YOU don't know how to use it. Dont be saying stuff without knowing the facts.

For my upcoming RP I run a windows 2012 server from OVH with 4GB ram and 2 processors
Jay, try running your RP on a Linux server. (More secure and faster).

Seriosk

Programmer;
Oct 29, 2016
Ram, ram and ram..

On a serious note though just start off small, don't go showing off and harming your bank balance at the same time, start of small and upgrade when you need it, not because you want it..
Obviously your free to do what ever the fuck you want, but this is just my bit of advice.

Mrmoseby

Jul 1, 2016
Ram, ram and ram..

On a serious note though just start off small, don't go showing off and harming your bank balance at the same time, start of small and upgrade when you need it, not because you want it..
Obviously your free to do what ever the fuck you want, but this is just my bit of advice.
This. ^

Possibly an SSD instead of HDD otherwise you'll get annoyed of how slow things are while doing stuff on it.

Users who are viewing this thread