What to do in Los Angeles?

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Sitting here at 5am thinking about places I'd possibly like to visit in the near future, and L.A. is on my mind.

So, have any of you been there? If so, what would you recommend doing/seeing while there?

Things that come to mind:
  • Venice Beach
  • Universal Studios
  • Hollywood Blvd?
I know @Kaz has been there, so I'll tag him. 8)

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
  • Museum of the Holocaust
  • California Science Center
  • Auto Club Speedway
  • Laugh Factory
  • LACMA
A few other things, I'll probably update as I think of them

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
I went to:
Hollywood - Went on one of them 'Celeb tour buses', it wakes you round where the Playboy Mansion is, Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive (saw a couple of Bugatti's there) etc...
Santa Monica (has the pier from San Andreas)
Santa Barbra - couple of days there, one of them gorgeous Jap steak houses like the one we went to in Orlando when we were there
Palm Springs - A desert in the middle of no where (hot as fuck), think Elvis had a house there at some point where you could tour around it, donkey ride up a fucking huge hill (pretty epic view from up there yet hated it due to my phobia of heights)

Ept

Many men wish death upon me.
Jun 16, 2011
Stay out of downtown. Go to Santa Monica, go to Palm Springs, spend time at the beach, go to the Getty museum, Universal Studios. LA downtown is a shithole.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Go to the beach!
Yeah, that was the plan; I wanted to stay in Santa Monica. However, getting around L.A. would have been expensive and/or time consuming, as the metro isn't currently connected to Santa Monica, so I'll probably go next year when it's finished.

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
I enjoyed the "Hollywood Walk of Fame". Got to see a bunch of actors that I enjoy. Although, Hollywood Blvd had the "Get Hard" premiere that night, so the entire street was crowded with press.

The Hollywood Sign was also the iconic item that everyone must see.

Users who are viewing this thread