What do you want to see on Devbest?

Xuxu

Nov 21, 2016
new fricking account upgrade colors. im tired of paying for the god damn same colors every time. we need more options to choose from and i think everyone can agree @RastaLulz

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
I think notable members should have a special badge or add special titles for certain members or something like that @Donkey @Ichabod

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
new fricking account upgrade colors. im tired of paying for the god damn same colors every time. we need more options to choose from and i think everyone can agree @RastaLulz
I'd advice you to post on this thread:

I think notable members should have a special badge or add special titles for certain members or something like that @Donkey @Ichabod
Personally I don't think this would be a good idea. What would classify someone as a "notable member"? We already have the legend rank (or w/e it's called) for certain people (for example @Ecko). Besides that there will be some extra things for upcoming competitions.

Wickd

Jan 15, 2013
I'd advice you to post on this thread:

Personally I don't think this would be a good idea. What would classify someone as a "notable member"? We already have the legend rank (or w/e it's called) for certain people (for example @Ecko). Besides that there will be some extra things for upcoming competitions.
You need to start thinking out side the box

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
You need to start thinking out side the box
But what you're suggesting is isolating "elite" members because they have been here longer and should deserve more than someone else. That could steer away new users..

Wickd

Jan 15, 2013
But what you're suggesting is isolating "elite" members because they have been here longer and should deserve more than someone else. That could steer away new users..
If i came in here and saw there are elite people i'd work my bum off to become one of them.Also you're a in a unique positition here our entire community is full of egoistic people.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
If i came in here and saw there are elite people i'd work my bum off to become one of them.Also you're a in a unique positition here our entire community is full of egoistic people.
I can guarentee you that it will piss people off who think they deserve this "status" and others don't, whilest the other ones do receive the status but they don't. It will divide the community. I've seen systems like these on other forums, and the reason they do work there is because those forums are way bigger with a massive userbase crossing over all sections.

It's not a bad idea overall, but it just won't work on DevBest (for now).

percocet

Oct 21, 2016
Coding challenges.
e.g. best web design, or fastest algorithm given a bigOh(logn) or bigOh(n^c) or theres a coding problem and people answer in their most comfortable language. That's cool because we all get to learn how other languages work. Or simply just code this small project xyz, and see who's is most efficient.

I want to get people more involved, I believe there's a bunch of brilliant minds here.

JynX

Posting Freak
Feb 6, 2016
Coding challenges.
e.g. best web design, or fastest algorithm given a bigOh(logn) or bigOh(n^c) or theres a coding problem and people answer in their most comfortable language. That's cool because we all get to learn how other languages work. Or simply just code this small project xyz, and see who's is most efficient.

I want to get people more involved, I believe there's a bunch of brilliant minds here.
I quite like this idea reminds me of which is always fun to look at and take part in haha

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
Err... what new users? Don't think you have to worry about that issue. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Coding challenges.

Yeah coding problems would be cool. e.g who could come up with the best solution for shitty circular dependencies

percocet

Oct 21, 2016
I just want to see people interact more.

What would be cool is if we played some games together. but lets say some of us met up and played modern warfare 2, or battlefield, or whatever people want. Getting people to interact and be more friendly with each other would motivate them to visit the site more and be more active because they have made actual connections and friendships.

JynX

Posting Freak
Feb 6, 2016
I quite like the game idea can we all use discord and maybe play something like CAH, it'd always fun to have a laugh with people about the situations it has. :D

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
I'd be cool if people who have been here 5+ years have a old as fuck tag or something to appreciate them sticking with the community

caution3

Dec 26, 2015
Why not run certain competitions or events?
For example, people could have awards for WebMarket (If XenForo could allow that.) for best design or most useful. That way, people will use the market more often and share.
Also, we already have community awards. Why not hand out Habbo Retro awards, best gamer, etc,?
It could be a great addition to DevBest.

Moron

wes#5860
Mar 25, 2014
On the discord server, it'd be nice to see some kind of special rooms for subscribers?

Idk if that's actually even possibly, but hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread