Websockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanCarn3y

Leaving a legacy
Sep 14, 2016
I need some opinions.

Should I be relying so much on websockets?

Follow ShineRP Emu development on discord-

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Mainly about the emulator crashing..
I don't see how your emulator would crash because of websockets. A good thing to keep into consideration is probably your user's internet connection and how theoretically more websocket features would require more packets... would result in a higher packet latency = slowing down your user's client.

Your emulator shouldn't crash unless your server doesn't have enough resources to handle 2 socket servers (clients = double your user count).

Imo, most websocket features I see on RPs are redundant and really serve no purpose when it comes to improving game functionality... really just making an existing feature more aesthetically appealing. If it was my RP i'd hold back on adding unnecessary to the client and try to deliver performance and speed before looks.

Design smart...

Also keep in mind that Flash Player is already a huge resource hog on Chrome (and most browsers), then you have it's memory leaks and Habbo's messy client binaries on top of all of that. Habbo wasn't really meant for fast-paced gaming which is probably why they tend to look over these things but RP's are different and I honestly think you should be doing a bit more removing rather than adding.

NathanCarn3y

Leaving a legacy
Sep 14, 2016
I don't see how your emulator would crash because of websockets. A good thing to keep into consideration is probably your user's internet connection and how theoretically more websocket features would require more packets... would result in a higher packet latency = slowing down your user's client.

Your emulator shouldn't crash unless your server doesn't have enough resources to handle 2 socket servers (clients = double your user count).

Imo, most websocket features I see on RPs are redundant and really serve no purpose when it comes to improving game functionality... really just making an existing feature more aesthetically appealing. If it was my RP i'd hold back on adding unnecessary to the client and try to deliver performance and speed before looks.

Design smart...

Also keep in mind that Flash Player is already a huge resource hog on Chrome (and most browsers), then you have it's memory leaks and Habbo's messy client binaries on top of all of that. Habbo wasn't really meant for fast-paced gaming which is probably why they tend to look over these things but RP's are different and I honestly think you should be doing a bit more removing rather than adding.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread